Uhu's 2001 EVA pod question

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JHSurf, Aug 12, 2011.

1. JHSurf

JHSurf Member

Hello all,

I am rediscovering the joys of paper modeling and came across Uhu's 2001: A Space Odyssey models ( Thank you sir).

Anyways, I am building the EVA pod and I seem to be missing the seat. There is a note about the seat on the "instructions" PDF but it is in Japanese and cannot figure it out.

Any assistance is appreciated.

John
    El Paso, TX
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

It is on "spacepod 1.pdf ", parts #27, #28, #29. It's in with the cockpit section, which is what that .pdf is, the inside of the cockpit section. :)
  3. JHSurf

JHSurf Member

Pieces 27, 28, and 29 make up the left hand control grip.
  4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I'm sorry, it's on Page 8. Lower right hard corner. The back is attached upside down to it.
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

See attached Picture Please. This is the seat.

Attached Files:

• seat.jpg
      seat.jpg
      File size:
      119.7 KB
      Views:
  6. JHSurf

JHSurf Member

Thanks fir the help! It happened that I missed printing out a page and the seat was on that page.

From every thing I have seen the seat in Uhu's model is placed on the floor. This didn't look quite right to me so I put it on a small pedestal (about 8mm high). Here are some pics...

Attached Files:

7. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Just a thought, because of the way I have seen so many aircraft made, there may have been foot wells inside the pod. The Pilot could easily, in a zero "G" environment, just go straight in or right up to enter and egress. This would optimize interior space. Just an observation. Either way, Nice job!!