UHU02's Valley Forge

Status
Not open for further replies.

uhu02

Banned
I am sorry for betraying the expectations.
It is very small.(The small size also disappoint her…)

Attachments

• s80x.jpg
    s80x.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 58

Elliott

Who betrayed anything? Not you uhu02. We did what is called "making a mountain out of a molehill", sort of. We took your remark about the drones and blew it all out of proportion. Our fault. Mea culpa. :eek:ops:

I like the drones in the scale you have drawn them. They will add a sense of life(!) to the model. Your build, by the way, is looking very good. it is a privilege to watch the master (sorry, Gary P.) at work. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Fiver

Wow! That is small! No matter...that the drones are there at all is impressive.

I just watched the movie again tonight. I'd forgotten how superb it is. Very quiet...very moral. It put me in mind of "Moon." It was certainly one of Bruce Dern's finest performances.

The story goes that Bruce got tired of playing psycho cowboys on "Gun Smoke" and "Bonanza," fired his agent, got a new one and Silent Running was the first thing he got. It didn't exactly rocket him to stardom but it did put him on the map.

I can't wait to build this model!

Thanks again,

Fiver

Red

I think these little guys will look good with UHU02's ship.:thumb:
you can always add more to them if you wanted.:mrgreen:

Attachments

• Drone 1.jpg
    Drone 1.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 36

Red

I found this late last night.
sorry I don't remember where I found it. So if someone gets mad Ill take it down or the admin can it has the name Mike Joyce on it.
This looks really good.

Attachments

• DroneDimensions.jpg
    DroneDimensions.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 43

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Mike Joyce runs the B-9 (Lost in Space) robot builders club. Really nice guy who is one one of a few that are hosting my model of the Space Pod.

http://www.b9robotbuildersclub.com

(Sorry is this is considered a hijack- I was just intending to let you know where to contact him).

Best Regards,
Ron Caudillo

Elliott

Not a hijack Ron. You're providing information that will help Red contact Mike Joyce about posting his model.

ajmadison

found more drones on goole in the 3D warehouse. so if someone can turn them in to a card modle it would have more of the detail that is wanted :mrgreen:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=b0375fca1aac1a3328a9ffe1f7694d3b
Also One of the domes but no Valley Forge
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=be91d70e92b87ddab573489cede05c27&prevstart=0

Well, these have been around years. I haven't heard any complaints, though I haven't built these specifically, but his other papercraft have been excellent.

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~sf-papercraft/Gallery/Silent/Silent.html

uhu02

Banned
I will do final adjustments of the pattern tomorrow :wave:

Attachments

• s104.jpg
    s104.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 52
  • s103.jpg
    s103.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 51
  • s102.jpg
    s102.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 51

Red

jawdropjawdropWow jawdrop jawdrop this is truly jaw dropping, another great model to be proud of

E

ekuth

HOLY HANNAH!

Wow... okay, I'm with Armorman... how the devil did you do those domes???

Oh, and Picture Of The Week for sure. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gixergs

Congratulations UHU02 on another very deserved Picture of the Week and on another truly incredible model.The domes are just amazing works of art by themselves.

uhu02

Banned
Thanks all,
Dome was a very difficult work for me.

Attachments

• s83.jpg
    s83.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 55
  • s84.jpg
    s84.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 41
  • s85.jpg
    s85.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 46
  • s86.jpg
    s86.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 40
  • s87.jpg
    s87.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 49

Elliott

I had heard the Valley Forge was impossible to do in paper. Obviously not true. Your latest work is astounding!! It's worthy of the Picture of the Month! As Peter Taft says. "I'm gobsmacked!"
Bravo Maestro!!
:inw::inw::inw::inw::inw::inw::inw::inw::inw::inw::inw::inw::inw::inw::inw::inw::inw::inw::inw::inw::inw:

Status
Not open for further replies.