UHU02 Tokyo Tower

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
That's right, hehe! :)

At this moment Niigata City has been hit by massive snow falls. UHU's car has been completely buried:

image_069aeb8.jpg

However, this does not stop him from making a derivative version of his cool tower: a Tokyo Tower model which is only half as tall as the big one (33 cm).

1.jpg

2.jpg

This affords some creative thinking because he wants to combine separate pieces and has to come up with simplified versions of the smaller parts. UHU never seizes to amaze us! :)

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
WOW!!! :surprise::surprise::surprise: I know that Japan gets snow, but to have your car snowed in and can not go anywhere is insane! However, I agree, it does give you more time to work on models!
@uhu02 Thank you for sharing all your WONDERFUL WORK with us! You are an inspiration to us all!!!

That's the norm in Connecticut, but also with Ice. The state was closed Monday because of the 4" sheet of ice covering it. The roads were impassible. You learn to "Hole up".

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Indeed! . . .

And . . . Could someone imagine how could be a Uhu's Avalon, the ship from the movie Passengers???
That would make for a very interesting model. I have to say that I had the same thought when I saw the movie as well. ;)
I think that @uhu02 would do a PHENOMENAL JOB on such a project!!!

Reactions: Enterpriser10

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
A small but very welcome update of the project:

UHU02 is finishing the parts sheets, so a test build should commence very soon! :)

5.jpg

The quality of the texture is top-notch (as always ;) ):

6.jpg

I am so looking forward to seeing Mothra's larva "in action"! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Folks, please hold your breath. Faster than I realized UHU02 has updated his page, grabbed the scissors and swang into action.

This is gonna be a HUUUUGE update, so please be patient and wait with your comments till I tell you that the update is complete.

Thank you! :)

Alright - (gasp, gasp) - here we go! :)

First UHU printed out the pattern sheets.

7.jpg

First cuts:

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg