UHU02 Tokyo Tower

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Speaking of the lights:

29.jpg

UHU02 has added another level to the building.

28.jpg

27.jpg

AAAAND - the first parts! It seems that he really intends to tackle it!

25.jpg

This is a "small" preview of the staircase located in the middle of the tower. I see LOTS OF CUTTING involved here. Curious to know if everything will be stable enough...:sticktongue:

And another render to calm down our nerves:

26.jpg

To be continued..! :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
The "Staircase" in the center will give the model much support. If you cut it out, you will have to build a box in the center to give it some rigidity. I don't think it's meant to be cut out though. :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I suppose in this case "RED" does not mean "to be cut out" because the main colour of the model is ... well ... RED. :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
UHU02 is testing the first textures for the building:

36.jpg

:)

According to Google translator he has found some new reference material which leads to a complete revision of the whole tower (the first one had wrong dimensions and proportions). The master sees it positively because that gives him the opportunity to improve certain structures and to add some of the parts which had been missing so far, such as a cooling tower on the roof. :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I think this tower is beautiful. The silhouette against the sky is just plain awesome!! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
ATTENTION - ATTENTION: TOKYO TOWER BUILDING IS FINISHED ...

39.jpg

39c.jpg

... but ... what's that???

MOTHRA LARVA IS ATTACKING!!!! :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting:

43.jpg

IN 3D!!!

44.jpg

45.jpg

(To those who are unfamiliar with this kind of stereoscopic vision: These are so-called cross-eyed 3D pictures. To view them cross your eyes so that your left eye is focusing the right image and your right eye is focusing the left image. You will notice an overlapping third image appearing in the middle of your viewing field. Slowly move your eyes toward this center image until it gets sharp and enjoy Mothra Larva attacking the Tokyo Tower. ;) )

@uhu02 : Many cheers for good work, UHUsan!!! The cross-eye 3D renders are soooo awesome!!! I did the same with my last model but I used 2 D images and different layers in Gimp:

t2-stereo-jpg.145561

t1-stereo-jpg.145560

http://www.zealot.com/threads/battlestar-galactica-andrew-proberts-triangle-ship.178525/

:Drinks: :Drinks: :Drinks:

Last edited:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I was able to do it and make it work. It was FREAKY but VERY COOL!!!