UHU02 Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gixergs

Jul 10, 2007
Makino now seems to be working on the instructions! he is also at work on a Borg Cube as well

Gixergs

Jul 10, 2007
Makino is cracking on with the Enterprise instructions:thumb:

Attachments

• entins.jpg
    entins.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 21

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Feb 8, 2004
Davenport, Iowa
Stunning!

Many thanks , master Ron Caudillo:wave:

Thank you Uhu for sharing the comparison picture with the new Enterprise alongside my TOS version. Beautiful work by you and Makino, I can only hope to get as good as you two! The assembly intructions will be most appreciated and are looking really great; thank you for these Makino!

Are they in scale with each other?

Best Regards,

cmags

Jun 16, 2009
Stunning is right! This is some great work! Between this and the new 1701 Refit model by Rawen over on PM, I think that completes the Enterprise collection, all at an incredibly detailed level. Can't wait to build 'em all! I wasn't the most thrilled at the new movie, but this model makes me that much more excited about it. :thumb:

And Ron, if you ever dig for scale commentary on the new ship, be prepared for conflicting and outrageous results. I've seen everything from "approximately the same size as the 1701-A" to "approximately 3000m long". :eek:

Looking again now that the movie is on DVD, it seems they settled on a factor around 700m. Check here and jump down to Enterprise Size Controversy:

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/new_enterprise_comment.htm

Turns out that it was originally designed at about 366m, but then someone of a marketing- rather than technical-nature decided to simply double the size for wow factor. Thus we end up with the controversy. Example:

monsterprise.jpg

When I build this, I'll use 366m as my subject size and scale to that. :cool:

Paladin

Mar 2, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
You know, I've always liked Star Trek, and I have seen all the TOS shows. I liked pretty much all the movies. I really like the newest one. I feel that Abrams has basically given us a chance to see it all again from the original series, yet withh fresh new and a little more acceptable stories. I don't think "over analyzing" this or any other shows/movies makes sense. I think the new Enterprise in the latest movie looks cool. I guess I'm saying I can't stand people who want to completely analyze and take apart such things and say that "it doesn't make sense". Just enjoy it for what it is: a sci-fi movie to entertain us, not educate us on warp engine systems.:confused::cry::confused:

cmags

Jun 16, 2009
I agree with what was said above. Yes you can take it too far and fall away from the primary point - entertainment. However, if you're already at the point where you're building models of said entertainment subjects, then the discussion has its place. Especially when you're building multiple subjects from the same genre, it's nice to know what the writers intended for these ships to look like.

SEBRET

May 19, 2008
Earth
www.flickr.com
As far as I can tell from my searches, The new Enterprise is a little longer than the old 1701-E. I can definitely believe this based on all the factory like open spaces in the ship. I also like how having such things made the ship feel so much more "functional" if you will. It Would be nice to see a general explanation as to the location of the movie sets on the ship. After that we could figure out the rest by comparison.

And the best part about the new movie is the warp engines didn't appear to rely as much on the secret "purple smoke" idea. U could at least see them going to work.

Gixergs

Jul 10, 2007
Makino is doing an excellent job on the Enterprise instructions:thumb:

Attachments

• entins2.jpg
    entins2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 19

Gixergs

Jul 10, 2007
More superb work on the instructions by Makino brings us ever closer to release of this much anticipated model

Attachments

• entins3.jpg
    entins3.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 25

uhu02

Banned
Oct 27, 2007
niigata Japan
coming soon

Makino was finished it:thumb:

file link will be in two sites …from 04-23-2010, 20:00 PM (japan time) …I'm sorry bad English

uhu02

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 117
  • enter.jpg
    enter.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: Revell-Fan

Dunkel

Apr 17, 2009
Very nice work Uhu and Makino, it's really a great model !

Attention ! The links to the constructions pages are not good. You need to specify the exact name of the html page. Perharps Uhu2 can make the corrections ?

SEBRET

May 19, 2008
Earth
www.flickr.com
To Be Honest I have never made a UHU02 model. Now that I have a free Point in my schedule I would like to make this. Question is, where is it? I didn't see it in the downloads here, so i assume it's on a personal site?

Status
Not open for further replies.