UHU02 Argo

Gixergs

Quite emotional for me this one, soppy sod that I am. The number of times my late father and I watched Jason and the Argonauts together and would admire the Argo. He would of loved this incredible model of her and I would give anything to be able to show it to him.
293.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Your no "soppy sod", I watched that movie with my Mom so many times, we still watch it if she is over visiting and it happens to be on. It's nice knowing you're so human, like the rest of us! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Quite emotional for me this one, soppy sod that I am. The number of times my late father and I watched Jason and the Argonauts together and would admire the Argo. He would of loved this incredible model of her and I would give anything to be able to show it to him.
View attachment 137464

I fully understand how you feel. I use to watch Buck Rogers and BSG with my mother all the time (she loved both shows.).
She passed away in 2008. As a memorial piece, I built a Thunder Fighter in BSG paint scheme with her name on it as the pilot.
So there is nothing wrong with getting a little teary eyed with certain projects that bring back good memories. These are the things that keep these people alive in our hearts and minds and even more so, when we are able to share these memories with others.

cadeus

This is amazing work. On his website I saw that he created a "box" with markers on it to help guide the correct position of the oars and rudders and everything... I think the mystery of the pyramids has been solved: UHU-02 is really 3,000 years old! :)