Ugly Diesel's

DanRaitz

May 30, 2002
Maricopa, AZ, USA
And the second would be this pretty face.
It was built by Ingalls Shipbuilding Co. their one and only diesel, thank the Lord
:eek:

Attachments

• 1900.jpg
    1900.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 260

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Anything ex-BN... Green Weenies suck!

Attachments

• maw3defianceoh9-17-02small.jpg
    maw3defianceoh9-17-02small.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 239

CN1

May 6, 2003
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: SORRY FOR THE SIZE

ugly1.jpg

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
I am...

...beside myself that DanRaitz and jim currie were allowed to post their offerings! :eek:

You've gotta be kidding me right guys? Those are the sweetest, most beautiful, did I mention lovely faces I've ever laid eyes on.

Come to poppa babies- I'll love you:cry:. Forget those nasty, nasty boys.

BL-2s, BL..., well you know what they do.

I love ALCOs well, I like most of em.

Here's the one I think best represents what I like least and yet somehow looks so damn good. Yet, I'd hate the loco in anything but this state. :confused:

Horrible "hefalumps" as I remember a old magazine article describing RR repowerings and the odd shapes they'd produce.

Someone will surely post a CNJ "Babyface" (hopefully).

Nice topic to see some neat stuff:thumb:

Mark

Attachments

• d&h 422.jpg
    d&h 422.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 208

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.":D ;) :p
To this "beholder", those are all some great lookin' machines!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Those Baldwin's were one of the biggest diesels that the pennsy owned. They were supposed to be used for passenger service but only saw a short life in passenger service. They were used for freight service and helper service. They were helpers out of altoona to gallitzin.

CN1

May 6, 2003
Thanks!:) :D :D

It's from China. It's based on an old British Jeep frame. It's use to haul coal and other bulk material on a short line.

geep15

Dec 21, 2003
Texas
Visit site
Rock Island had an F2A that looked like that Soo Line - it lost its nose headlight in an accident, and the boys at Silvis (IL) Shops rebuilt the nose without the top light.

Ugly diesels? Gotta be any Alcos or Baldwins rebuilt with EMD prime movers, esp. the ones done for Katy.

Second is anything in BNSF Heritage II paint (I shall now duck out of the way of the BNSF fans..;) :D ). Personally, I like the H1 colors- reminds me of the Great Northern.