UFO Interceptor from Uhu02

McTschegsn

So... moving on a bit. Finished the first page of Uhus build blog. I am a bit disappointed with the result but I hope most of the bad building (mostly the aft hull section and the bottom) will be covered up with the pods and engine compartments.
I decided to finish the model and the look at the cockpit section and fix it (if the model turns out to have at least one good looking side to look at
wink.gif
)
Uhus parts are matching very good. I think there are only my poor building skills which let this thing look so bad at the moment.
I hope the next building sections will be much cleaner. Have to shake off my impatience quickly
smile.gif

Interceptor19.jpg Interceptor20.jpg Interceptor21.jpg Interceptor22.jpg Interceptor23.jpg

McTschegsn

I am watching the series again via Youtube :) Having a blast and getting good motivation... Hopefully I can fix the mistakes :)

Last edited:

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Looking good! Mistakes should be learnt from... ;)
And, well, if you don't learn from your mistakes, you just print another copy, I guess ....:)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I spent 2 and 3/4 months in England, proper, and she has to be one of the most beautiful women that country has ever produced, based on my limited experience. :)

Tonino

Yesssss!!! I perfectly agree with you @zathros ! Even if, to be precise, Gabrielle Drake is not properly a "British Production" as she is of indian origins. :p

By the way: did you see the "lost" shower sequences? I don't remind what episode was... only that here, in Italy, we never saw that scenes because they were censored... too hot for our young age. :jawdrop:

Only now, in the Internet era, we, "the boys of yesterday", finally had the chance to see them...
Yesss! Nice! :D

Excuse me @McTschegsn ... perhaps we are going a little off-topic...

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Tonino, Please! P.M. me a link to that!! She is wondrously beautiful!!

If we are a bit off topic, it is because we wish to show you how interested people are in this particular model, which I feel not enough people have built! (and because we're perverts) ;) )

McTschegsn

No need to excuse :) I by myself like to look at beautiful women :) Just trying to correct the errors at the moment :)

McTschegsn

Well to get back on topic (I really loved the excurse... please more of that :) ) a quick update
smile.gif

I just finished one of the "Air intakes" or whatever they are. I think it came out good. The test fit is OK and it will cover some building mistakes as I hoped.
The wrinkled cockpit section will be definitely redone once the build is complete.
Interceptor24.jpg Interceptor25.jpg Interceptor26.jpg Interceptor27.jpg

Tonino

Very impressive! I like very much the "face" of this interceptor.

And - many compliments - your desktop is really clean and tidy... just like mine...
...I'm lying: my workplace is a real mess... o_O

Tonino

Yes! This is exactly the photo I was talking about when I said I like the face of this baby!

McTschegsn

I like that view too. Looking really forward to exterminate the wrinkles and finish this baby. Of course the cockpit windshield will be redone :)

McTschegsn

Some small steps further. Luckily the Intaks and fairings cover most of the mistakes.
I decided to not look so close at the zoomed in pics because on the pics the model looks way more worse than it does in real life... Maybe I should get a badder camera ;)

Anyway... The fairings are mounted and look fairly good plus the next parts for the engine are cut and edge colored.
Going for a coffee right now :)
Interceptor31.jpg Interceptor32.jpg Interceptor33.jpg Interceptor34.jpg

Last edited:

McTschegsn

Thank you for your kind words Tonino :)
I totally agree with you. I should have looked a bit better for straightfoward surfaces for my 4th model (Well at least my 4th complex model with more than 16 parts ;) ) Next time I know better but this build is teaching me so much that I am really looking forward to the next models I will make.
Overall I am content with my progress and this Interceptor does not look that bad (at least I you some 3 feet away :D)
Just working on the Engine compartment now. I think I will post some progression pics later on.