I'm launching another ship with my build of Rawen's small version of the U.S.S. Enterprise from the 2009 JJ Abrams film. I've done a previous build of this model repainted as the Constellation from the TOS episode "The Doomsday Machine." It was time to take those skills and apply them to Enterprise. I'm still not fan of this design, but it is part of Star Trek history and it was time for her to join my fleet. After redoing all the registries to my liking it was on to the build! Note: all parts are scored as needed before cutting begins. I use a sewing seam ripper and a straight edge as needed. SAUCER I started at the top with the saucer section, using the standard practice of cutting off most of the join tabs and remounting them on the back of the parts for a smooth seam. I left the tabs in the center of the top and bottom saucer domes to give the circular hull parts a place to glue. I skipped the white parts that say "glue to card" and glued the actual parts straight to some 67lb. white cover. It's comparable to 1mm card and gives a nice white edge when trimmed. I also glued the blue engine "vents" to the cover so they're raised detail. I assembled the entire upper bridge assembly. I'd had this model on the desk for some time, so I decided to make this saucer using the old method (without 1mm card glued to the flat top and bottom). I trimmed the saucer edge strip and curled it by running a wood dowel over it. I marked the strip on the center tab so I could line it up with the forward center navigation light on the top hull part. I slowly glued it a little at a time while firmly holding the saucer top flat on the desk. I folded over the bottom tabs and slowly glued the bottom hull part on, keeping my hand flat on it after every section was glued. It came out pretty nice and straight. When I glued the top dome section on it got a little pushed in, so I used my dowel through the hole in the bottom for the neck to push it back in place. Then I glued on the bridge section and !!!BLAM!!!! KOBYASHI MARU TIME! I glued the whole bridge section off center and at an angle. There was no way to save the main hull, but I did manage to cut off the bridge section and the planetary sensory before she got thrown into the atmosphere (i.e. tossed in my burning barrel).