U.s.s. Arizona bb39 1941 u,s,s ahtabula ao-51

deckape

Ahoy
Ok Gobs here like papermodelers, i will share these with you, here is a model I built from scratch useing builders blueprints in 1/8th scale 76 inch,s long, is the model of the U.S.S. ARIZONA BB39 she is wearing the measure 5D paint scheme, Dark Gray with Pale Gray tops. like mentioned on papermodlers forum there is a debate if she wore the 5D or 5N Sea Blue. By the time I built this model I had no knowledge then from waht my late father told me. My father was a aviation machinist mate that worked on OS2U Kingfishers. when I was starting the painting on my old plastic kit of the Revell Arizona. he stopped me and said they were all dark gray. 2 years later I found out some historian dug deep into the color of the battle line were opperation rainbow 5 all ships at pearl were painted 5N Sea Blue with color coded turret tops I did not know this information so my Arizona does not have this.

But I found out that she did wear the 5 D untill november of 1941 she went throught a paint refit the rest of the battle line were 5D so here paint shedule is true up to november of 1941.

The other vesel is the a Fleet oiler that I served on durring the Vietnam War. she is a Maritime commisioned T3 SE A2 Type oiler the Cimmeron class. she was launched in 1943. I served on this ship from 1964 to 1966. overal length is 555 ft. in 1968 I was on board her near sister the U.S.S. QUADALUPE AO-32 she wen t through a refit she ewas jumboized lengthened by a 100 ft. most of here maritime lines were removed durring this process. The U.S.S. ASHTABULA AO-51 is modeled in 1/8th scale also useing builders plans. 69 inch,s long here are the pictures

Attachments

• pict0009_188.jpg
    pict0009_188.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 33
  • pict0010_155.jpg
    pict0010_155.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 27
  • pict0011_299.jpg
    pict0011_299.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 25
  • pict0010_102.jpg
    pict0010_102.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 30
  • thumb-PICT0011.jpg
    thumb-PICT0011.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 141

calotuc

awesome work, very well made and finished with a phenomenal, you would photos of armed? from already thank you very much for showing this great work of art

impresionante trabajo , esta muy bien realizado y con un acabado fenomenal , tendrias fotos del armado ? desde ya muchas gracias por mostrarnos esta gran obra de arte

peter taft

Stunning builds

My dear Grand dad Boats.... Here i go again.... One word....
AWESOME
and most certainly worthy of these :goldcup::goldcup::goldcup: and i say this to you AGAIN, you are THE man :thumb: