U. S. Coast Guard 378' cutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

modano1

Aug 25, 2005
San Diego, Ca
Has anyone ever seen a card model of a 378' U. S. Coast Guard cutter? Would anyone be interested in designing (unfolding) one, if I were to provide a 3D model of one?

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Coastguard cutter

Hi Lads

Well I like the Coastguard livery and yes Jim Spruance is first it fits with Norfolk's era. The trouble with other peoples 3d models is you don't know who has the copyright. I prefer a good plan and a lot of pics especially the rear of the bridge and the base of the funnel not the inevitable long range snapshot of one in rough water.

regards

modano1

Aug 25, 2005
San Diego, Ca
Well since I am the Chief Damage Controlman onboard the USCGC Hamilton (WHEC-715) and I have a few projects in those areas, I can definately get those photos for you. Yesterday I finished a welding job on the star deck behind the bridge. The area that you are probably concerned about is the plenum chambers (intakes for the turbines), behind the bridge and before the funnel. Let me know if you are interested and what all you need.

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Hi Joeseph

I am certainly interested but I have to be honest it will be a while before I start doing the ship but if you know of a 3 view plan that would be great for starters.

best regards

barry

Shin_kazama

Feb 3, 2008
hi, modano!

glad to know an old crew of the ham. i humbly thank you USCG guys for selling such a wonderful beautiful ship to my country's navy. making me want to join(before the officer's age limit is reached)...

news is more is to be in philippine navy service soon..

any updates on a whec build/design?

also if any other know what other hull will closely resemble the whec hull? we may be able to start off from a hull up

Z

Zathros

This thread is 8 years old and BARRY just passed away. SO, let us let this one end.

Status
Not open for further replies.