U-Boat Type VII C 1/72 Scale

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by kooklik, Feb 7, 2007.

1. kooklik

kooklik Member

What a wonderful 1/32 sub. Your pic makes me think about aluminum or brass sheet for RC sub making. But any idea for cutting and punching these metal sheets?

---- kooklik ----
  2. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

--It could as well be shiny paper with a waterproof coating. It definitely will work.
  3. hmas

hmas Member

Aluminum forget it cannot be soldered etc.
    Brass Maybe! you will need .1or .2mm soft sheet, but then the compound curves will drive any sane person mad, I do not reccommend it. ( Apart from the corrosion effects of the water). & trying to solder the B thing
    The sub pictured is Fibreglass & has a lot of Detail on the hull, rivetts etc.
    I will take a couple of piccys later but for now a cheaper option than brass Type 7 (Germany)
    Disclaimer I am not connected to OTW other than as a satisfied customer, however I may take the option as Australian Dist for his kits in the future.
    just to let you all know announce1
  4. kooklik

kooklik Member

Thanks for your advise. wait for more details.
    Best Regards
    ---- kooklik ----
  5. osmium

osmium New Member

Wow

Hi,

Just was crusing the internet for Type VIIC plans and found this. Excellent work. When will pdf plans be available? You've done an excellent job. I was thinking of laying out a paper hull for a Type II or something, but I don't have the computer expertience or time right now to do it. Like others my jaw just dropped when I saw the full pic of the prototype.

Cheers,

Roland
  6. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi Roland
    Thanks for visiting this thread. This model is the first my own design paper model. I still lacking of skill of coloring. I can't estimate exactly the date to release. But I'm trying to finish in a few months from now. Now I'm making assembly instruction. All instruction pages will be computer generated 3D-Drawing line pics. Clearly assembly direction indicators and parts number.
    For coloring I have not started yet. But the I changed line color to estimate how will she's looked like in color version.

Best Regards
    ---- kooklik ----

Render-01.jpg
  7. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

kooklik thanks

i have new desctop pic :)
  8. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

Will there be a Non coloured version? I tend to paint my models, colouring is just a waste of ink for me, especially when I enlarge them to double the size....
  9. kooklik

kooklik Member

Yes, both color and non-color will be provided in the kit.
    BR.
    ---- kooklik ----
  10. hmas

hmas Member

That sounds like a BARGAIN! 2 for the price of 1 thanks Kooklik.:thumb:
    Tony
  11. mikew

mikew Member

Kooklik-

Your model looks to be a winner (a BIG winner it seems, especially in that scale...) and should be a success when available. The effort you put into that appears to have resulted in a phenomenal model. I hope you enjoyed designing/developing it enough to continue with other subjects.

Mike
  12. kooklik

kooklik Member

Mike
    Thanks for your kind words. I'm making her be available as soon as possible. Details for assembly instruction is quite much for editing. Look like building the model again but in digital world.

BR.
    ---- kooklik ----
  13. fcwaj

fcwaj New Member

You are definetly one of the most talented designers I have ever had the honor to converse with. Walking us through the design and prototype stages was a special treat.

Frank

kooklik Member

Thank you , Frank
    I'm glad and enjoy to design/build for the next project. (not decided yet)
    BR.:mrgreen:
    ---- kooklik ----
  15. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Your pretty much staying with the same idea? Submarines?
  16. kooklik

kooklik Member

I'm not sure yet. Depend on how much detail I can find. But I still want to do submarines. Cut away of Type VII C is interesting project , but it must be a mega detailed model.

BR.
    ---- kooklik ----
  17. hmas

hmas Member

TYPE IX monson boats sailed into Sth Aust waters & also were in Thailand, & then of course the I-400 Japanese sub worlds biggest till the 60's. in 1/72 would be nice at 6' long :cool:
    Tony
  18. kooklik

kooklik Member

Hi Tony
    The monsoon boats (U-178 Type IXD2 and others) operated in Southern of Thailand. But did not so succeed in operations.
    I-400 the big under sea monster is a famous submarine but 6ft in 1/72 is too big for ordinary shelf. sign1

Best Regards
    ---- kooklik ----
  19. osmium

osmium New Member

Other types of U-boats

Hey, if you are going to stick to submarines how about some of the other nationalities like the Dutch boats or even going back to WWI and doing WWI boats or the ill fated British K-Boat series. Let me know if you need more info on some of the boats because I have a pdf I could send you if you would like.

Roland
  20. 57townsman

57townsman Member

If you're taking suggestions, how about some research submarines, Alvin, Trieste, Etc? Reference material may be readily available and they haven't been modeled much.

Otherwise I vote for the I-400 :mrgreen:

SteveK