tyrannosaurus rex

Discussion in 'Dinosaurs, Prehistoric Animals, Fauna, and Life' started by freddyman, Jun 21, 2014.

1. freddyman

freddyman newbie

Starting on yet another, prehistoric animal. And this one is recognisable by name. T.rex was one of the largest land predators that ever lived. Weighing in at 7 to 8 tons, the only predator that supersedes it is the massive spinosaurus. Its skull, which was around 5 ft in length, was very deep and broad, and packed massive amounts of muscles at the base of quadrate articulation. With a bite force estimated about 6 tons, it also has the strongest biteforce of any animal except large mosasaurs, pliosaurs, and very, very big cetaceans.

The model is in 1:15 scale. I decided to do the mid section, chest, and hip area first. Next would be the tail, neck, and head. The legs would come last due to being the toughest part to design.

Ps. Just look at how rodust the tyrannosaurus is in comparison to the mujungasaurus and buetriraptor. It dwarfs them both extremely in robustness and the mujungasaurus is at the same scale. this is only the midsection!

Attached Files:

zathros, Cforrest900 and Revell-Fan like this.
  2. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator Moderator

This is gonna be an awesome collection! I'm looking forward to seeing more. :)
    freddyman and zathros like this.
  3. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

Excellent looking! Organic models are artistry, you are an Artist letting us peer into your train of thought and your artistic creation. Artists, the good ones, sometimes don't feel, or realize they are artists, but everyone else knows. Freakin' excellent! I humbly Thank you! :)
    freddyman and Revell-Fan like this.
  4. freddyman

freddyman newbie

Thank you zathros and revell fan for the kind words. The hips are done and I started segmenting the tail
  5. freddyman

freddyman newbie

The tail is done. Next will be the neck

Attached Files:

Revell-Fan likes this.
  6. freddyman

freddyman newbie

The tail is done. Next will be the neck