Publisher: Model-Hobby
Designer: Marian Sobel
Scale: 1:25
Parts: 2710
Format: 213 x 300 mm
GMI: 5

The kit.

The kit contains.
3 pages of written instructions only in Polish.
5 pages of 2d and 3d drawings
3 pages with formers
9 pages with parts.

Instructions.

The instructions seems quite ok.
There are good overview drawings,very nice and readable.
The 3d and 2d drawings are also very good

Parts.

The paperquality seems very good. The colors are crisp and clear.
The 3d print of details are done very nicely.

There are also colored backsides of some parts

Tracks

Only one option here....individual tracks!

Wheels.

A lot of parts for the wheels :)
Must be a good thing to start with the wheels here.....

The cream on the cake.....the laserparts available.
Frames, tracks and drivewheels

Summary.
I will say that this kit is a must have for the collectors out there!
The kit seems to be well designed. I have seen some builds of this one on other sites.
It's a change from all the German panzer available.
So go and grab this one guys!!

Amazyah

Thanks for the summary and a peek at this beauty, Johnny!
I'm one step ahead of you on this one as I already have it in my collection!
You beat me on the laser parts though, I have yet to get those.

This one truly is uncommon as far as coloring goes, the textures are fantastic and will make a gorgeous model!
Thanks again, Johnny!

Russell

charliec

Who designed the Chi-Ha model?

I know that Marian Sobel is designing for Model-Hobby (it says so on their website) - is this one of his designs?

Regards,

Charlie

DrBill

I got a copy of the Chi-Ha today, along with the frame and track laser-cut sheets. You've got to be really serious (or thoroughly demented) to attempt this one. It is beautiful in every respect -- printing, colors, detail, etc., etc., and could give Halinski a serious run for the money apart from the fact that there is no interior. The laser-cut parts (esp. the tracks) are a must if you can't stand tedium; but even then, the large number of parts will test you. (About 4 major parts per tread. and about 180 treads to build. Drive and road wheels are not included in the laser sheets, so you do have a gazillion rings to do, complete with interior cutouts. It also has the smallest parts I have ever seen on a paper model. Altogether a real beauty, but it will be a challenge no matter how accomplished a modeler you are.

BTW, I ordered the kit and laser-cut parts directly from Hobby-Model. They have some of the most generous shipping policy I've seen. The Model and two sets of laser-cut parts (frames and treads) ran about $38 US, and the shipping by air was another $8. Not bad given the exorbitant rates I've run into elsewhere.

shoki2000

Bill,
That should be Model-Hobby, not Hobby-Model.
They should really come up with more original name so it does not look and sound like somebody else's :roll:

DrBill

I stand corrected. Premature dementia, I'm sure. :roll: Nevertheless, it's still a work of art. I'll have a long argument with myself about when to start building it.... Probably after I retire in a few months.