Two Questions

Old Man

Jan 5, 2006
I have two Questions? Will storing HO trains and buildings in an attic hurt them?

I'm looking for a front headline piece for a 4-6-2 Heavy Pacific AHM Rivarossi.
5087-E

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Well, I can answer the first.
My layout is in the attic. The only problem I've had, because of the heat in the summer, is that some buildings that I scratchbuilt, and used less than .040 for the roof curled up on the corners. Haven't had any problems with the kit buildings, and no problems with the loco's and rolling stock.

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
:wave: welcome to the gauge how hot is it going to get in your attic living in the desert my shop gets over130 deg. in summer the only problem i have is paints seperating have had no plastic deteration as of yet. as for the loco part check ebay to see if you could get a junker cheep.

Well, I have seen heavy damage to materials after several years of unfinished attic storage. It isn't just the heat in the summer, but the cold in winter as well. If you are some place where it never gets really cold, you might be good, but here in Central Indiana it does get cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Not good for HO or any scale over time.

Over time is the key. :)

Old Man

Jan 5, 2006
Thanks,

I appreciate. I had model cars that warped, but I think trains are made of a different plastic.

Old Man

Jan 5, 2006
Thanks,

I had model cars that warped, but I think that locos are made of a different plastic.

Old Man

Jan 5, 2006
I appreciate. Can't put them in the basement either affraid of mildew on the plastic.

Thanks