two new trains among the platform renovation mess!

Marxed

sorry for the mess, i took down everything soo i could add more and double the size of the platform... i'm moving all the track around and adding afew more tracks soo i can run more trains... here's the two new Marx loco's i got with abunch of new cars

MilesWestern

Nice stuff, CavlrZ! The locomotive looks really REALLY precariosly positioned with that corner of track hanging OVER THE EDGE!!! EEK!!

BTW, marx stuff runs on Lionel track? if so COOL! :cool:

Marxed

MilesWestern said:
Nice stuff, CavlrZ! The locomotive looks really REALLY precariosly positioned with that corner of track hanging OVER THE EDGE!!! EEK!!

BTW, marx stuff runs on Lionel track? if so COOL! :cool:

yep, they actually will run on lionel transformers and track, i have a older 50watt powering the outside track so i can also run lionel on it... on the far right of the platform is my lionel stuff, the two platforms were seperate before but now there innermixed a bit

i was scared of the track hanging over at first, but since we got that tressel up with pieces of 2x4, that scared me even more!

Ray Marinaccio said:
I have been looking for one of those diesel switchers.
I like the Pennsy car also.

those are the first red PA cars like that i've ever seen, i found two of them tegether with that loco in near mint condition at a hobbyshop, it was an amasing find! i also got the log/pole car in that set, which i've always wanted

as for the switcher, theres afew of them on e-bay.. right this second there is a gray, a red, and a green switcher ... and a yellow one!

here's the URL that should list all four that are running now... hurry up before they sell! the red one is only at 26 bucks with a day left!
http://toys.search.ebay.com/switche...saprcloZQQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZunknown

i think you might like this yellow one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MARX-UNION-PACI...ryZ19147QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

steamhead

Hi,

I model HO and try to get things as "prototypical" as I can. I remember, while still a kid, the next door neighbor kids had a Lionel set, and I remember thinking that trains didn't run on three rails...What were these kids thinking???
Having said that.....Man!! would I like to have some of your trains!!!

Great stuff!!

Gus (LC&P).

Marxed

steamhead said:
Hi,

I model HO and try to get things as "prototypical" as I can. I remember, while still a kid, the next door neighbor kids had a Lionel set, and I remember thinking that trains didn't run on three rails...What were these kids thinking???
Having said that.....Man!! would I like to have some of your trains!!!

Great stuff!!

Gus (LC&P).

hehe, three rails are odd when i think about it, but i never really had desire to go to far into the protype world as you can see :D

i'm try and model a pond thats 1/4th of an inch below the platform level in a cutout in the platform... i want to make it realistic like the water i seen everyone here posting, i just got to figure that out!

steamhead

Hi,

I noticed as I was browsing through your pictures again, that I do have something you got... In the picture of the switcher pulling a couple of gondolas, there's a crossing gate lying on its side. I got one just like it that I got somewhere for my AF set (been with me since 1957....).

Gus (LC&P).

Marxed

steamhead said:
Hi,

I noticed as I was browsing through your pictures again, that I do have something you got... In the picture of the switcher pulling a couple of gondolas, there's a crossing gate lying on its side. I got one just like it that I got somewhere for my AF set (been with me since 1957....).

Gus (LC&P).

:D i love those little gates, they allways fall down whenever the platform is bumped :D

i'm almost done putting my platform back together, more pics will be coming soon! :thumb: