Two days off

DanRaitz

May 30, 2002
Maricopa, AZ, USA
I had a couple of days off this week (Tuesday & Wednesday). The wife had to go for some continuing ed (American Family Ins.) in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis & St. Paul, MN) so naturally I tagged along. While she was busy being educated, I was chasing trains :D :D

Here is one of the photos. The rest can be found at http://danraitz.rrpicturearchives.net they are in the album titled "Minnesota"

GWDT_320.jpg

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Tom,That beauty is a EMD SW1 that sports a 567 600 horse power prime mover.These units was built between January 1939 and November 1953..Notice she still has her foot boards and lacks mu hoses..:D She looks to be in good shape overall.

Dan Thanks for sharing!

hooknlad

Mar 28, 2005
Woodbridge, NJ USA
Welcome back into the hobby "dan", its addictive isnt it. Time is a real element that the hobby needs ans appriciates. Given time and loyalty your layout will be remakable and posssible take inj a life form of its own.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Nice shot Dan...but it makes me feel a bit sheepish! Twenty plus years living in the Twin Cities and I can't place the site or the road name!
Ralph

DanRaitz

May 30, 2002
Maricopa, AZ, USA
Ralph,

This is the Great Western Dock Ternimal RR. It is located on Childs Rd. (just south from where it meets Warner Rd.) down by Pigs Eye. It is right across the river from Holman Field (a.k.a. St. Paul Downtown Airport).

Dan

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Ah! Thanks Dan, I know where you are now. I haven't gone down that way much and didn't even know there was a GWDT RR! I like it. Guess I'll take a drive down there some time.
Ralph

babydot94513

Member in training
Sep 1, 2002
Brentwood, Ca
Visit site
Dan, nice picture. You just have to love that white horn and bell - adds a lot of character. Any chance you can retake this from the other direction and get the hood illuminated by sunlight so I can see the details?

JD