Twin Diesel Loco Shed (#1550) -- made by Model Power

scotterdavid

Jan 5, 2007
Hi All,

This probably isn't the best place to post this query, however this forum is probably as good as any other. I recently acquired a loco shed made by Model Power. As yet I haven't open the box, and I'm wondered how to proceed.

I'm wondering if any one has purchased or come across the twin deisel loco shed" (#1550) made by Model Power. See the link at

Twin Diesel Loco Shed<br>No.1550 - 1550

My first step was to look in the Walthers catalog/source book to see the footprint, and the information there is confusing. Walther's gives two footprints for this N scale model....

11 x 5-5/16" (27.9 x 13.5cm); 14-1/4 x 1-1/2" (35.6 x 3.8cm)

I don't understand why there are two footprints, unless it's possible to construct this model in two ways. Does anyone out there understand this, please? More generally the model seems *hugh*, and I wonder if these Model Power kits are easy to "kit bash" to suit requirements. As it stands such a large model won't really go "nicely" on my emerging layout, and I may just sell the unopened model on eBay if I can't find a suitable way to produce something smaller...

If you can please advise me then it would be much apprecaited.

Best -- David.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Both measurements sound wrong to me - looking at the photo in the link, the building appears to be almost square, while both sets of dimensions are not anywhere near square. The other confusing aspect of this is that the perimeter of the first footprint is 32 5/8", while that of the second is 31 1/2". :confused: Doesn't sound like the same kit.
Unless someone who is familiar with this kit replies to your question, I'd suggest opening the box and checking the instructions - there may be a perfectly logical explanation. I'd guess from the photo that each track would hold two small diesels, such as switchers, so that should give you a good idea of the actual size (if the picture is accurate). :rolleyes::p:-D

Wayne

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
David,It should be a simple straight forward kit..My best advance is to follow the instructions.
I would start by painting the "bricks" to kill the shine..I use Mineral Brown by Floquil.