TWE's Tiny Challenge

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Sep 9, 2006.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Yes, I was :)
    Chris
  2. Larry Marshall

Larry Marshall Member

Wow, can you use words like magnificent for something that tiny? I'm with Chris on this one; making boxes that small would be a challenge. Did I mention WOW?

Cheers --- Larry
  3. Larry Marshall

Larry Marshall Member

Wow, can you use words like magnificent for something that tiny? I'm with Chris on this one; making boxes that small would be a challenge. Did I mention WOW?

Cheers --- Larry
  4. july1772

july1772 Member

Thanks Larry. For me the tough parts were the struts. I had considered building the model at 25% but I didn't want to deal with the struts at such a small size.
  5. july1772

july1772 Member

Thanks Larry. For me the tough parts were the struts. I had considered building the model at 25% but I didn't want to deal with the struts at such a small size.
  6. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

gpr2d2, I am unsung. I do not know how to reply to your post. I am amazed, astonished, and shocked! I cannot believe those are cardmodels. I cannot believe they have engines that work. I cannot believe the remotes work. If they do work, can they qualify as cardmodels? Nevertheless excellent models!
    Oh, one more thing...How the heck did you do it? Where can I get those engines? Are you pure genious?

July1772, nice 'lil copter thingy! Thanks! BTW, go for the 25%...you CAN do it!
  7. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

gpr2d2, I am unsung. I do not know how to reply to your post. I am amazed, astonished, and shocked! I cannot believe those are cardmodels. I cannot believe they have engines that work. I cannot believe the remotes work. If they do work, can they qualify as cardmodels? Nevertheless excellent models!
    Oh, one more thing...How the heck did you do it? Where can I get those engines? Are you pure genious?

July1772, nice 'lil copter thingy! Thanks! BTW, go for the 25%...you CAN do it!
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I totally missed those tanks! Bonne travaille! I cant believe what you guys manage.
    Chris
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I totally missed those tanks! Bonne travaille! I cant believe what you guys manage.
    Chris
  10. july1772

july1772 Member

Inspired by Larry's Retro Rocket, I decided to give the Zoot Rocket a try. Printed at 12.5%, here it is beside a quarter. Sorry about the blurriness--I'm a terrible photographer.

Attached Files:

11. july1772

july1772 Member

Inspired by Larry's Retro Rocket, I decided to give the Zoot Rocket a try. Printed at 12.5%, here it is beside a quarter. Sorry about the blurriness--I'm a terrible photographer.
  12. july1772

july1772 Member

Hope you don't mind another pic...Here it is on top of the quarter.

Attached Files:

13. july1772

july1772 Member

Hope you don't mind another pic...Here it is on top of the quarter.
  14. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK........... that's just not right:grin:

You tinee winsee itty bitty modler makers amaze me..........
  15. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK........... that's just not right:grin:

You tinee winsee itty bitty modler makers amaze me..........
  16. Larry Marshall

Larry Marshall Member

I still don't understand how you guys make stuff this small. Tell me, how did you roll the long nose spike?

Oh...and where did you get those really big Robert Parker and John Irving books?
    We know you all have large bottles of Elmers and quarters the size of a pancake.

Cheers --- Larry
  17. Larry Marshall

Larry Marshall Member

I still don't understand how you guys make stuff this small. Tell me, how did you roll the long nose spike?

Oh...and where did you get those really big Robert Parker and John Irving books?
    We know you all have large bottles of Elmers and quarters the size of a pancake.

Cheers --- Larry
  18. july1772

july1772 Member

Thanks for the compliments. Larry, that spike is the only piece that gave me trouble. I don't think I can adequately describe how I formed it so I won't really try. The fact that the model was printed on bond paper helped. Then I used a small map pin as a dowel until the piece resembled a cone (it didn't turn out as well I'd like, but at such a small size it's not as noticeable). By the way, I'm glad you recognized the Parker and Irving novels. The others are by James Lee Burke. If you're not familiar with his work, you should give him a try--especially the Dave Robicheaux series. And have you read any of Robert Crais's novels? (I apologize to the non-readers of the forum.)
  19. july1772

july1772 Member

Thanks for the compliments. Larry, that spike is the only piece that gave me trouble. I don't think I can adequately describe how I formed it so I won't really try. The fact that the model was printed on bond paper helped. Then I used a small map pin as a dowel until the piece resembled a cone (it didn't turn out as well I'd like, but at such a small size it's not as noticeable). By the way, I'm glad you recognized the Parker and Irving novels. The others are by James Lee Burke. If you're not familiar with his work, you should give him a try--especially the Dave Robicheaux series. And have you read any of Robert Crais's novels? (I apologize to the non-readers of the forum.)
  20. Larry Marshall

Larry Marshall Member

<grin>...I very nearly printed a new sheet just for that spike when I did mine and you could probably put 10 of yours inside mine. I sort of got the 67lb stock bent to shape but not as well as I would have liked.

I'm a Parker fanatic. I've read everything he's written at least twice. I don't remember reading any Burke and I'm always looking for new mystery novels. Will have to give him a try. Thanks.

Cheers --- Larry