TSR 2 1/50th scale

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by barry, Sep 18, 2006.

1. barry

barry Active Member

Hi All

A change from soldering and writeups and having trouble with my servers FTP program so I decided to print this out it's lost the paintwork from the top of the fuselage. I should have (thought I had) made the nosecone in one piece so it looks a bit of a mess. The construction on this one is totally different 1 former in the nose 1 behind the cockpit and the rest is filled with tissue paper using the standardjoining ring. It looks like it will be about 12" long when finished. Thanks for the painting instructions Keith. All the lines will have to be traced eventually.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Billy Leliveld

Billy Leliveld Member

Nice one Barry
    Where did it come from? ( Gotta get me one of those!)
    Cheers Billy!:rolleyes:
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I see a plane convert!

Cool build barry!
  4. barry

barry Active Member

TSR 2 eflux end

Hi All

@Billy

Sorry mate you will have to wait until it looks a lot better than this.

@Bow

This pure opertunism I got a professional mesh from Tim (Wunwinglow) which makes life extremely easy. There are a few aircraft I would like to design which have not been done before and much better than I produce. Like a Short Stirling, Sea Vixen and a Victor (even if it has been done).

The after end has a former front and back and they are buggers to fit. Thanks to a comment from Bear I now use masking tape and glue to hold the darts together which has improved my ability to build planes by quite a bit.It ends up being built like an outside brick toilet (to be polite)

Ships will always suit my abilities much better but this is a quick fun build amazingly the fuselage is straight.

[​IMG]

Tim's mesh

[​IMG]

underbelly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One with a ruler

regards
  5. Billy Leliveld

Billy Leliveld Member

He Barry,
    I had no idea that you where building your own design, way to go!
    I should have known, because I never found the TRS anywhere..I'll be pacient...
    I started to design the Ekronoplan, but I think it's to early to start a thread... ( don't tell everybody, but I build the plastic Revell kit as a reference)
    Cheers Billy
  6. barry

barry Active Member

TSR 2 wings

Hi All

More or less complete for a check build forgot to print out the flaps so it stopped here tonight. It looks like it has some promise needs a whole lot of redrawing the panel lines, undercarriage etc. Roundels look terrible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. barry

barry Active Member

Flaps

Hi All

Last set on this one until it's reworked sometime

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Looking really good so far, I look forward to the next one. One of my favorite "almost was" planes, along with the Avro Arrow.

Scott K.
  9. t.l.williamsjr

t.l.williamsjr Member

TRSr-2

Man, I hope you plan on releasing this to the community. This is one of the planes that I have fallen in love with, or at least its shape, along with the XF-103, Nobi's XP-56, and a few others.

Thanks for the peak.