Tsarist battleship: Sissoi Velikey

Hopefully, I have posted two images of Sissoi Velikey. I apologize for the lack of clarity. I have been fiddling around with my Microsoft image software, which said that this is the preferred size for E-mail.

sissoi_1.jpg

sissoi_2.jpg

Fred Bultman

Greg, when are you going to show us how you build these? I have been following your builds in Steel Navy for some time.

Thanks guys.

Pbhawkin, I have no plans to publish a kit of Sissoi Velikey. I am very low tech in construction techniques. The most complicated tool that is involved is a photocopier. I do not use a computer to assist in the designing. Aside from plan views, no patterns are used. So creating a kit would require other skills that I presently do not possess.

Fred: One of these days, I will post a thread on how I build one of my models. However, I am at present somewhat reluctant because my techniques distinctly not up to the standards of those who have posted in progress photos on the main cardmodel sites, nor is my camera up to taking closeup photos as you can see from above.

Nibel: I will drag my camera out and shoot a few more shots & post them in a few days. Hopefully, they will be clearer (but not so clear that you can distinguish errors/mistakes).

GB: Where are the Massina photos?

john wagenseil

Mr Shoda

Victorian era warships are beautifully clunky and kludged looking. Id love to learn your secrets even if you feel thye are not worthy. I churn out lots of models with glue blobs, crinkly seams, warped contours and they leave me hapy even if they are not up to what is posted here. I would love to see how you do it, and maybe have a go at creating a glue blobby masterpiece all of my ow n creation.