Trucks for Rivarossi Passenger Cars

E Mo Ry

Mar 14, 2004
Near Chicago
home.mindspring.com
Anyone have a suggestion for replacement trucks for Rivarossi 1930s streamlined passenger cars? Trying to get closer coupling with kadee couplers, i'm trying out Kadee 508 conversion kits as well as the walthers coupler pocket conversion kits (for 85' Hi cube boxcars), and in the process i've wrecked a few sets of trucks :mad:

Usually reliable walthers catalog doesn't offer a clear suggestion that i can find, would appreciate any help...Thanks.

kchronister

Nov 1, 2004
Boiling Springs, PA
McHenry makes a direct replacement for them which I recently used with great success. Just to their site and I think it even says "Rivarossi Replacement" - I know I found them easily enough.

E Mo Ry

Mar 14, 2004
Near Chicago
home.mindspring.com
Thanks, but what McHenry offers is knuckle couplers that can replace the horn hook (X2F) coupler that comes with the Rivarossi passenger cars. I'm looking to replace the trucks on those bad boys, not the couplers (i might try the McHenry couplers, but i'm guessing they are too long to get close coupling of the cars if they are the same length as the horn hook couplers that the Rivarossi's come with.) Anyone else know of a truck that might work here?

CalFlash

Oct 31, 2004
central Florida
E Mo Ry:

Didn't realize you were a MP modeler. I've been one for years modeling with a friend when I was in California and now building my own layout here in Florida.

E Mo Ry

Mar 14, 2004
Near Chicago
home.mindspring.com
I model a fictional bridge line not dissimilar from the terminal railway in St. Louis...called the Eastern Missouri Railway. I'll try to post a few pictures here as i can...

Attachments

• EMR 262 (2).JPG
    EMR 262 (2).JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 106