Trucklovers Walthers Cornerstone Builds

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
once again, another tread totally devoted to one part of your skills. I better start doing that, i think people are tired of clicking on the last page of my photo thread.

anyways, awesome buildings. I really wish i had space for those kinds of things.

Thanks G.E.C :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Ed (88)

Love the George Roberts Printing building, i like the idea of turning it into a plastic injection plant. I need to get my hands on a set of the Walthers Plastic Pellet silos

btw the roof air conditioner looks good up there, i recently just bought 2 packs of them, might have to add one on my roof too :mrgreen:

I believe the 2nd picture is of the Walthers Sunrise Feed Mill but im not sure, anyways i like that building too, pretty large as well :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

stormfather

Ed Acosta; I have that building too. I think it's called Redwing milling. I changed it around a bit and it's part of a cement plant on my layout-in-progress.

I believe that Red X cement is included in Valley Cement. I used Valley Cement for parts of my cement plant, and it has all those details on the top of the silo. As per the directions, it doesn't have the vertical square chute, but there are parts on the sprue that seem to be for it. The roof of the shed has a plug to replace where the chute goes through. Once Im done with the entire cement plant, Im going to check to see if I have all the parts I need to make the chute.

I really like that plant that you doubled up to make the 10"x20" factory. Is that plant still available or is it retired again?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Ed Acosta; I have that building too. I think it's called Redwing milling. I changed it around a bit and it's part of a cement plant on my layout-in-progress.

I believe that Red X cement is included in Valley Cement. I used Valley Cement for parts of my cement plant, and it has all those details on the top of the silo. As per the directions, it doesn't have the vertical square chute, but there are parts on the sprue that seem to be for it. The roof of the shed has a plug to replace where the chute goes through. Once Im done with the entire cement plant, Im going to check to see if I have all the parts I need to make the chute.

I really like that plant that you doubled up to make the 10"x20" factory. Is that plant still available or is it retired again?

I plan on getting the Valley Cement Plant, or maybe even 2 of them for cement plant on my future layout, but that wont be for some time.

Valley Cement looks AWESOME!!!!

The Allied Rail Be-builders is the building your talking about. Its currently available from Walthers and lots of other places as Walthers brought it back from the grave for a limited run :thumb: :mrgreen:

stormfather

I plan on getting the Valley Cement Plant, or maybe even 2 of them for cement plant on my future layout, but that wont be for some time.

Valley Cement looks AWESOME!!!!

The Allied Rail Be-builders is the building your talking about. Its currently available from Walthers and lots of other places as Walthers brought it back from the grave for a limited run :thumb: :mrgreen:

I'll have to check out that re-railers building.

Im really pleased with Valley Cement. It goes together quickly and easily and the whole complex looks cool. Valley Cement can give a lot of operational interest, too. Cement plants take in enormous amounts of fuel, including waste fuels such as shredded tires. They also need lots of quarried materials, like lime, alumina, silica, iron oxide, and slag. Tank cars full of chemicals can make deliveries, especially to a wet-mix plant. And, of course, the cement plant makes cement by the trainload.

I ended up dedicating a 2x8 section of my layout to 'Catskill Cement' and the limestone quarry that feeds it. I added another building, some tanks, and a lot of pipes to simulate a wet-mix plant. Im also planning on adding a preheating tower.

I checked my silos and my sprues and it looks like the valley cement silos have everything you need to build the chute. I wonder why they didn't include it in the booklet? The Valley Cement kit also has a lot of other stuff on top of the silos, because there is a conveyor that connects it to the main cement plant. I'll try to get my hands on my gf's digital camera so I get some pics uploaded.

CNWman

CNW Fan
I believe the 2nd picture is of the Walthers Sunrise Feed Mill but im not sure
It's Sunrise, no other Walthers kit has that dust collector thingy dominating the roof like that.

TruckLover- I really like your kitbashes! Red X Cement seems to me, however, as another canidate for "asimulation" (did I spell that right?:p) by your huge Cement plant, Hoffa I think. Here's a political cartoon that I think sumerizes my thoughts:

Oh, BTW, if only one side of your structures are visible, you can subsitute styrine for one side:thumb:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
I'll have to check out that re-railers building.

Im really pleased with Valley Cement. It goes together quickly and easily and the whole complex looks cool. Valley Cement can give a lot of operational interest, too. Cement plants take in enormous amounts of fuel, including waste fuels such as shredded tires. They also need lots of quarried materials, like lime, alumina, silica, iron oxide, and slag. Tank cars full of chemicals can make deliveries, especially to a wet-mix plant. And, of course, the cement plant makes cement by the trainload.

I ended up dedicating a 2x8 section of my layout to 'Catskill Cement' and the limestone quarry that feeds it. I added another building, some tanks, and a lot of pipes to simulate a wet-mix plant. Im also planning on adding a preheating tower.

I checked my silos and my sprues and it looks like the valley cement silos have everything you need to build the chute. I wonder why they didn't include it in the booklet? The Valley Cement kit also has a lot of other stuff on top of the silos, because there is a conveyor that connects it to the main cement plant. I'll try to get my hands on my gf's digital camera so I get some pics uploaded.

a 2x8!!!!! wow thats awesome!!! I had planned to do something that big and add in all the Walthers Cornerstone Buidlings such as Blue Star ready Mix, Medusa Cement, ADM grain, Valley Cement, Bulk Transfer Conveyor and a few others to make the ULTAMATE cement plant lol. I still am planning on doing it but just when i get more room to build.

Looking forward to seeing some pics :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
It's Sunrise, no other Walthers kit has that dust collector thingy dominating the roof like that.

TruckLover- I really like your kitbashes! Red X Cement seems to me, however, as another canidate for "asimulation" (did I spell that right?:p) by your huge Cement plant, Hoffa I think. Here's a political cartoon that I think sumerizes my thoughts:

Oh, BTW, if only one side of your structures are visible, you can subsitute styrine for one side:thumb:

sign1

I have done that before, but only once, i need to do it more offten, would allow me to make EVEN BIGGER buildings lol

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Red X Cement Update

Some more pics of Red X Cement

Added more of the details the kit came with, alls thats left is the brass handrails, i need to get a #79 drill bit for this

SL370527.jpg

SL370528.jpg

SL370529.jpg

SL370530.jpg

SL370531.jpg

SL370532.jpg

tetters

Rail Spiking Fool!
I really like the silos for the kit. I could use them for a scratch build I'm thinking of.

Nice job on the kit TL!

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Thanks guys :mrgreen: LOL CNW, I think i want to make some Red X Cement Covered Hoppers too, that would be pretty cool, the plant would have its own fleet of cars :mrgreen:

It was a fun build and i still have the last little details to add on there, all the railings lol