Trucklover's Shelf Layout Thread

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Roadways

Got some more progress done on putting down the roads on my layouts.

These next pics show where the road crosses the mainline. I still need to do a touch-up coat on this section and lay the rest of the yard for the industries in the backround. This is where the entrance to the Blue Star Ready Mix Yard will be with a gate and chain link fences

SL371336.jpg

SL371337.jpg

SL371338.jpg

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Blue Star Ready Mix Plant

These next pictures show my Cement Plant im doing which is 8' long.

SL371339.jpg

SL371340.jpg

SL371354.jpg

Those show the area where open hoppers will be spotted for the various aggregates and ingredients needed for making cement. There will be Large Piles all around the Bulk Transfer Conveyor which will then be loaded on Heavy Duty Off Road Dump Trucks (Walthers Terex Trucks) and driven and dumped off at the buildings across the yard. There will also be a Cement Truck Yard in most of the open space that is shown above. And a yard to park Dump Trucks and Gravel Trucks in the back of the Bulk Transfer Conveyor

SL371341.jpg

SL371342.jpg

SL371343.jpg

These show the Blue Star Ready Mix Concete Mixing Building for Cement Trucks. Dump Trucks will drop off loads near the hopper on the side of the building for the mixing process. The Conveyor going into the large building (Bulk Storage Building for the plant) is where aggregates, limestone..... where be dropped off and conveyored into the building where piles of the ingredients are inside to keep them dry and used when needed.

SL371344.jpg

Bulk Storage Building

SL371345.jpg

SL371346.jpg

SL371348.jpg

SL371349.jpg

SL371352.jpg

Those show the rest of the Plant

The Asphalt Plant will be located off site since it wont fit and will have Black Gold Asphalt Logos on it but will have a sign that says "Owened and Operated by Blue Star Ready Mix"

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Tracks Layed in the Blue Star Yard

Last night i glued the tracks for the Blue Star Ready Mix Plant in place. Heres some pics:

SL371404.jpg

SL371405.jpg

SL371406.jpg

SL371407.jpg

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Hills and Valley

I also started the Hills and Valley on one section of my layout last night and this moring

Here is the pics of the slop going up following the mainline up to the bridge:

SL371389.jpg

SL371390.jpg

SL371391.jpg

SL371392.jpg

SL371393.jpg

SL371394.jpg

These next pics show the Valley I am making. The track goes across a Single Track Truss Bridge in the back, while a road bridge for cars and trucks will be under construction on the front edge of the shelf.

This is going to be a really fun job making this bridge, im going to go crazy on this thing and super detail it out and make it look like the bridge is really under construction, complete with forms, beams being lifted into place, concrete being poured by concrete pumpers, cranes on both sides of the valley and in the valley, lots of construction equipment in the area, and it wouldnt be a construction site without a MESSY job site!!!! hehehehe Im so exited to start this project!!!! All of this with a low flowing creek in the valley.

Heres some pics of the Valley I started. Also in the backround behind the Single Track Truss Bridge, the track that comes up from stagging you can see will not be seen when im done with this section, that track will be completly hiden by backdrops and hills.....

SL371395.jpg

SL371396.jpg

SL371398.jpg

SL371399.jpg

SL371400.jpg

SL371401.jpg

SL371402.jpg

SL371403.jpg

sgtcarl

Yes. Thanks, Josh! I used to live a few miles from Phoenix Cement Plant, in Clarkdale, AZ, which is, I think, now owned by the Pima Indian tribe. Great place! (yours, that is!) Fantastic detailing! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Yes. Thanks, Josh! I used to live a few miles from Phoenix Cement Plant, in Clarkdale, AZ, which is, I think, now owned by the Pima Indian tribe. Great place! (yours, that is!) Fantastic detailing! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thanks again Carl :mrgreen:

I wish i had a BIG Cement Plant like this near me that i could go visit, nearest BIG one is a couple hours away :rolleyes: lol

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
More Hills Progress

Today i layed some grass and rocks down on my hills. More Scenery Items will be added such as trees and bushes, this is just the "base" coat for the scenery :mrgreen:

SL371426.jpg

SL371427.jpg

SL371428.jpg

SL371429.jpg

SL371430.jpg

SL371431.jpg

SL371432.jpg

SL371433.jpg

These next pics show the hills along the mainline without rocks on them yet, they will be added to look like the above pics, with added scenery as described above....

SL371434.jpg

SL371435.jpg

SL371436.jpg

SL371437.jpg

SL371438.jpg

SL371439.jpg

tetters

Rail Spiking Fool!
That looks pretty sweet so far Josh. :thumb:

I still cannot believe that this is in your bedroom! sign1

jesso

Your hills and background are looking great!:thumb: Every once in a while, when your room is clean :mrgreen:(of course) you should take a picture from your doorway to show the layout in relation to your room with special emphasis to any tracks running to your pillowsign1

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Thanks Chris, Josh, Tetters and Scott :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jesso said:
Every once in a while, when your room is clean :mrgreen:(of course) you should take a picture from your doorway to show the layout in relation to your room with special emphasis to any tracks running to your pillowsign1

hehehehe that would be kinda neat idea to do. Ill have to do that one time, maybe when i get some more stuff done :thumb: :mrgreen:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
In the mail today, i got the starting trucks for my fleet for Blue Star Ready Mix. I got 3 Mack Cement Trucks, 2 Mack Dump Trucks, and 2 packages of Dump Bodies (pkg. of 2). i mounted the 4 dump bodies i got on Mack CH 613 Cabs i already had in my collection and wernt in use. Im going to get a few of the Mack CH 613's with Lift Axles as well for some of the Dump Trucks. I am also going to do 2 or 3 Ford Aeromax Dump Trucks for the fleet. The Fleet of Cement Trucks will all be Macks tho... :mrgreen:

I had to box one of the Mack Cement Trucks up tho and it awaits shipping to the custom decal maker for sizeing of the logos.

heres some pics of the new trucks

SL371470.jpg

SL371471.jpg

SL371472.jpg

SL371473.jpg

SL371477.jpg

SL371479-1.jpg

I still have not decided on the color im going to do the fleet in, anyone have any ideas to help me decide?

sgtcarl

Josh, looks great! Man, I wish I had your ambition! I think the blue would be a good color for your fleet. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Kevinkrey

Are you going to do one of these up in the blue star scheme? Its 1:87.

Attachments

• trailer_mixer_bellemare_ls_med.jpg
    trailer_mixer_bellemare_ls_med.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 64