Trucklover's Shelf Layout Thread

KentBy

GN, NP, SP&S
Hello Josh,

Tell me about the set of wheels with Plexiglas and a pencil. Is this for marking parallel tracks?

Kent

CNWman

CNW Fan
I had an update lol

SL370653.jpg

SL370657.jpg

SL370659.jpg

SL370660.jpg

Is it just me, or is that container train on the upper shelf causing the wood to bend inwards? If it is, you may need a support in the middle there. BTW I also saw your Glacier Gravel plant down there, will it be making a come back on your new shelf layout?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Tell me about the set of wheels with Plexiglas and a pencil. Is this for marking parallel tracks?

Kent

Hi Kent,

Yes that is for making parallel tracks. its made by one of my friends on another forum, Scale Rails Online, he makes them and sells them on e-bay. He has made quite a few tools for both HO and N scales as well as scenery tools. I have to say this tool makes an EXCELLENT track spacer and makes it very easy to lay parallel tracks. it can be used in many diffrent ways and also doubles as a track inspection car because its made of all clear styrene. if you would like i can PM you or anyone else that is intrested his username on e-bay where he sells all of his tools he makes. :thumb: :thumb:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Is it just me, or is that container train on the upper shelf causing the wood to bend inwards? If it is, you may need a support in the middle there.

Only the staging yard is bolted and screwed in positon with all the supports in place. The other level or the main level has not been bolted down yet, just the brackets are in place, the plywood with the container cars is simply just sitting on them lol. The window span for the main level will need the extra supports that the stagging yard needed under it. The main level supports will be held up by the stagging yard and the stagging yard is held up by the level below that. im using 2x2" vertical supports for the window spans for both stagging and the main levels.

BTW I also saw your Glacier Gravel plant down there, will it be making a come back on your new shelf layout?

lol i dont believe its going to make it on this layout, instead ill keep it down there until my next layout comes along when i get my own place and can have a bigger layout in the future :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I need to cover all that stuff up down below the stagging in that area where glacier gravel is so it doesnt get so dusty.......

if you would like i can PM you or anyone else that is intrested his username on e-bay where he sells all of his tools he makes. :thumb: :thumb:

I ordered his grass tool, too. Good stuff in play tests. I'm looking forward to using it on the layout. All his stuff is fairly priced and listed every day.

Trainiac77

Hi Kent,

Yes that is for making parallel tracks. its made by one of my friends on another forum, Scale Rails Online, he makes them and sells them on e-bay. He has made quite a few tools for both HO and N scales as well as scenery tools. I have to say this tool makes an EXCELLENT track spacer and makes it very easy to lay parallel tracks. it can be used in many diffrent ways and also doubles as a track inspection car because its made of all clear styrene. if you would like i can PM you or anyone else that is intrested his username on e-bay where he sells all of his tools he makes. :thumb: :thumb:

Trucklover, Please send me a PM with his eBay username, I'd like to see his other tools as well.
Thanks!:thumb:
Trainiac77

Gary60s

Thanks for nice comments Josh and Josh! For anyone interested just do an ebay search for "model railroad tools" and all my items will come up. I only list from wednesday nite to sunday.:mrgreen:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Thanks for nice comments Josh and Josh! For anyone interested just do an ebay search for "model railroad tools" and all my items will come up. I only list from wednesday nite to sunday.:mrgreen:

thanks for posting Gary and Josh, think it just ansered everyones questions :mrgreen:

And thanks Zachary :thumb: :mrgreen:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
well im a little late on the pics i said i would post lol

but here is some more. Im using Gary's (Gary60s) track spacing car to lay my track as mentioned in my previous posts. You can use this car in a few different setups. One of them you saw in my last posting when i posted the last update. Here you can see another way to use the car, this one without trucks. I need to go buy some flux to start soldering the joiners. I also need to get a box of 100 Atlas Code 83 Flex. As you can see i can fit 3 more parallel tracks in the space that is left. more to come soon.

SL370664.jpg

SL370665.jpg

SL370666.jpg

SL370667.jpg

SL370668.jpg

SL370669.jpg

SL370670.jpg

SL370671.jpg

Kevinkrey

Ive only stopped in a few times in the last few months. :cry: Just found this thread and it looks GREAT! Cant wait to see more. Ive done absolutely nothing to the train for quite some time, think Ill go down and take a look tonight.

River Run

Kinda new to this Zealot thing, but I see a few folks I recognize here. I'm about to start a new shelf layout also. If my kids would come get all the stuff they left behind when they moved out 6 years ago I'd have more room. wall1 Looks good so far Josh M, I have a couple old pickup trucks also.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Ive only stopped in a few times in the last few months. :cry: Just found this thread and it looks GREAT! Cant wait to see more. Ive done absolutely nothing to the train for quite some time, think Ill go down and take a look tonight.

Thanks Kevin!!! Saw your progress as well and its looking good :thumb: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: