Troubles with Digitrax DCS100

NCGrimbo

Nov 23, 2006
Hi all. I've just gotten my Digitrax Super Chief system and started wiring the track this weekend. The track is a simple oval with turnouts to an inner oval. I wanted something simple until I got more confidence in wiring and track layout. I've sectioned each oval into 6 sections using plastic spacer track connectors. Each turn is 2 sections and there is a straight section without any turnouts and one straight section with two turnouts to move trains to the inner oval from the outer oval. The inner oval has an additional turnout that leads to the programming track. Here's a picture of the layout:

th_17054_Basic_Track_122_484lo.JPG

I started wiring the layout in the straight section of the outer loop that didn't have any turnouts then moved to the right. Before connecting any sections to the rail A and rail B bus, I checked the continuity between each wire and the rails it's connected to. All of the connections were good. On the outer loop, I was able to wire and test the straight section with no turnouts, one curve (2 sections), and the straight section with the turnouts with no problems. I got all my DCC trains to run these sections with no problems. I then added the remaining curve and the trains no longer work. No lights, no motions and the one train I have with sound, makes the default sound, but none of the other sounds work and the train doesn't move.

I've unhooked all the wires and reconnected one section of the curve and placed a train on it. The train does not respond, move, or even light up. I've checked the voltage across the rails and it reads 15V.

The programming track still works to read and write to the trains.

Anyone got any ideas of what I should try next or should I just give Digitrax a call.

Thanks,
NC Girmbo

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
If I understand you correctly, you've set up several blocks within each oval, and run wires from the command station to each block. If so, and everything was working until you wired the last block, seems like you did something wrong...like switching the wires on this last block. I don't think your system has anything to do with the problem.

Good luck...!!!

NYNH&H

Dec 11, 2006
Yeah, if they are out of phase you will get a short when you enter that block.

NCGrimbo

Nov 23, 2006
I've removed all the current wires and then hooked the DCS100 to one piece of 9" straight track that is not connected to anything else and still get nothing. Any other ideas?

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
Try unplugging the digitrax from the wall power outlet. Also you didn't happen to make any extentions for your hand controlers to the command station did you?
I've had mine turnoff before and I thought it was the power supply but realized after unplugging power from the wall that it reset the command station :wave:

NCGrimbo

Nov 23, 2006
After a conversation with the Digitrax tech support, I closed option switch #39 while in OPS mode to correct the problem. This clears the internal memory including routs, decoder info, consist, and the loco roster. I've had no problems with it since.

NYNH&H

Dec 11, 2006
Wow. Like rebooting a computer. Its amazing how many problems you can fix that way. Glad you got it sorted out. :D:D:D