Trotskiy Planes

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by smsuski, May 4, 2005.

1. flavioaetio

flavioaetio Guest

how to download from trotskiy?

how to download from trotskiy?
    type96.html
    Trotskiy's Studio
    16_1.html

i see two japanese planes with blue above
    but but seem to be no way of downloading
    them.

i just can not see a diskette drive with
    an arrow.

regards
    flavioaetio
  2. steitler212

steitler212 WW2 Airplane Guru

does any one thave the Mosquito or the vampire im a new member
  3. steitler212

steitler212 WW2 Airplane Guru

also the me-262 and M-202
  4. modelbouwbrasser

modelbouwbrasser Member

5. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

'Planes with the blue heading are available on vector. There are 2 planes there. One is the Zero. I downloaded both and they are lzh.bin files.'

ah...whats vector??:confused:
  6. degreen60

degreen60 Member

Go to thread #381. First thing you do is go to the URL. That is the vector location of the 2 trotskiy planes. Then follow the instructions in the thread to download the files.
  7. degreen60

degreen60 Member

Go to this URL first. The 2 planes are listed here on the right side.
  8. Wily

Wily Member

First -

To anyone having trouble figuring out how/where to download the airplanes, the link in #381 will take you to a place that will look like the screenshot attached - go to the links circled in red.

Second -

The .pdf files seem copy-protected - how is anyone enlarging the files? Anyone know of a way to edit them?

Attached Files:

9. degreen60

degreen60 Member

The .pdf files seem copy-protected - how is anyone enlarging the files? Anyone know of a way to edit them?[/quote]

It would be nice to be able to enlarge them. I would like to make them large enough to glue to foam and make R/C models.
  10. Willy G

Willy G New Member

About Mr. Trotskiy's planes

Hi fellows,

I am quite new to the forum. This is actually my first post. However I have been modeling since I was 5 or 6 years old and back in the 50’s paper modeling was already a nice hobby. I have also followed this thread because I admire the artwork that Mr. Trotskiy very generously shares with all of us. I believe that his creativity is to be respected as much as the wishes that he expresses in his web site. He clearly resent anyone tampering with his masterpieces, and obviously someone had done that, forcing him to protect his rights.

As far as enlarging, the simple way is to print sections (or parts of the plane) of the file showing enlarged in the screen and printing “current view” in a large paper, either 8 1/2x14 , or better yet if you have a larger printer that handles 11x17. Otherwise there is always Kinko’s services or Office Max that can print in large paper for you. You may need to print several sheets of paper (or cardboard) to have a full set to construct the plane, and it could be somehow expensive around $15 or $ 20 US dollars, considering at $2~3 dollars per each 11x17 cardboard printout.

There is a new material called “Durobatic” foam.
    Check http://www.durobatics.com/index.htm web site for sizes, prices and thickness available. This material is as thin as cardboard but extremely light weight (lighter than balsa wood) but sturdy considering the thickness of approx. .025" , available in white or black colors and with the simple application of a thin coat of an acrylic sealer can be feed and printed with a regular ink jet printer. This is the material of choice to produce light good looking printouts that can be folded or formed into a 3d airframe or flying surfaces (wings & tails) to adapt for RC control using state of the art components from suppliers like “Plantraco” (check http://plantraco.com ) in Canada. Planes weighting only a few grams are within grasp for around $150.00 ready to flight. Wingspan in the 6” to 10” are now common. Scales of 1:48 to 1:72 are the current rage.
    A few guys in the http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php forum under http://www.rcgroups.com/indoor-and-micro-models section are doing just that and many people had benefited from all the artwork available in the Card Modelers world, be it free or purchased.

So, in short I really hope that Mr. Trotskiy will read some of these posts and return to the normal download routine of a plane a week. I only have 8 of his planes and was hopping for and accelerated release to reach for the German planes. But I will appreciate very much if anyone of you feels like sharing with a fellow modeler. I am wishing to complete Mr. Trotskiy collection of planes before my health prevent me from further modeling in the very small scales.

My e-mail address is zx550agpz@msn.com if you can make some of the german planes available to me, I will thank you in advance.

Thanks!
    Guillermo “Willy” Grossen
  11. Willy G

Willy G New Member

I am trying to post a detailed answer but the post maybe to long and it is being rejected, this is a short one to test if there is any other problem with my posts.

Thanks
    Willy
  12. Willy G

Willy G New Member

About Mr. Trotskiy's planes

Hi fellows,

I am quite new to the forum. This is actually my first post. However I have been modeling since I was 5 or 6 years old and back in the 50’s paper modeling was already a nice hobby. I have also followed this thread because I admire the artwork that Mr. Trotskiy very generously shares with all of us. I believe that his creativity is to be respected as much as the wishes that he expresses in his web site. He clearly resent anyone tampering with his masterpieces, and obviously someone had done that, forcing him to protect his rights.

As far as enlarging, the simple way is to print sections (or parts of the plane) of the file showing enlarged in the screen and printing “current view” in a large paper, either 8 1/2x14 , or better yet if you have a larger printer that handles 11x17. Otherwise there is always Kinko’s services or Office Max that can print in large paper for you. You may need to print several sheets of paper (or cardboard) to have a full set to construct the plane, and it could be somehow expensive around $15 or $ 20 US dollars, considering at $2~3 dollars per each 11x17 cardboard printout.
    There is a new material called “Durobatic” foam.
    Check http://www.durobatics.com/index.htm web site for sizes, prices and thickness available. This material is as thin as cardboard but extremely light weight (lighter than balsa wood) but sturdy considering the thickness of approx. .025" , available in white or black colors and with the simple application of a thin coat of an acrylic sealer can be feed and printed with a regular ink jet printer. This is the material of choice to produce light good looking printouts that can be folded or formed into a 3d airframe or flying surfaces (wings & tails) to adapt for RC control using state of the art components from suppliers like “Plantraco” (check http://plantraco.com ) in Canada. Planes weighting only a few grams are within grasp for around $150.00 ready to flight. Wingspan in the 6” to 10” are now common. Scales of 1:48 to 1:72 are the current rage.
    A few guys in the http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php forum under http://www.rcgroups.com/indoor-and-micro-models section are doing just that and many people had benefited from all the artwork available in the Card Modelers world, be it free or purchased.

So, in short I really hope that Mr. Trotskiy will read some of these posts and return to the normal download routine of a plane a week. I only have 8 of his planes and was hopping for and accelerated release to reach for the German planes. But I will appreciate very much if anyone of you feels like sharing with a fellow modeler. I am wishing to complete Mr. Trotskiy collection of planes before my health prevent me from further modeling in the very small scales.

My e-mail address is zx550agpz@msn.com if you can make some of the german planes available to me, I will thank you in advance.

Thanks!
    Guillermo “Willy” Grossen
  13. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Non one is allowed to change the files however what you do with the prints after that is anyone's discretion.
  14. RacerX

RacerX Member

Does anyone know whats going on with Mr. Trotskiy? I've always wondered about him. Whats his back story? I've poked around his site with the bablefish translation but its just horrible. I think it would just be nice to know a little more about him personally and what drives him to design so many nice looking models.
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Personally I think he just has a programming error and lost the bottom row of planes and doesnt realize it.... But thats just a guess
    Chris
  16. dansls1

dansls1 Member

The only odd thing is that he hasn't updated his site in 2 weeks either though...
  17. Willy G

Willy G New Member

what about sending him a e-mail?

Did anyone ever try to contact him by e-mail or any other way?

Willy
  18. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I think his site is Kaput!

Many of the links on it are going 404 now.

Perhaps he's no longer in the hobby.

Kind of sad really.

=(
  19. modelbouwbrasser

modelbouwbrasser Member

In te past he did it before.
    Two and three weeks out of order.
    Let we wait a while.
    And dont think sad.
  20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Personally I am hoping he just lost the bottom row of models though an HTML error. Once that rotation is over it will come back to the top. Unless he catches it sooner. At least thats my hope!
    Chris