Trotskiy Planes

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by smsuski, May 4, 2005.

1. paul a

paul a Member

NO COMPLAINTS HERE!
  2. paul a

paul a Member

I,m going to try this one on photo paper
  3. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I have too many favorites to try and keep up with them all. I for one really apprecitae the reminders!
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

keep the reminders coming! :D
    Chris
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Yeah he strangely put up the 'Ta152H1' and switched it in a day. I think I also missed some of the Japanese Army Airforce aircraft as well.
  6. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

F4F4 up

Check it out.
  7. smyfe

smyfe Member

Time zone

I guess that time zone thing is at work again, its only just changed here. Thanks for the heads up Bruce:)
  8. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Still isn't up here yet, either, but thanks for the notice!
    Chris
  9. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Just switched here at 6AM Pacific time!
    Chris
  10. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

That's really odd

Wonder why a different time zone would make a difference.
  11. smyfe

smyfe Member

Time zone

Hi, no idea if it is a time zone thing, but you got the F4F about 45 minutes before it changed here in the UK and over 5 hours before Chris got it in California.I have posted a change before and poor Chris has had to sit and wait for the changeover.
    Mick
  12. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Yes, but your notification only makes the suspense that much more intense for me!:wink: Anticipation!:grin:
    Chris
  13. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

very odd

I really don't get it. I got it here in Texas before it showed up in the UK. And 5 hours before it showed up in California. Can't be time zones otherwise it would have showed up in the UK first. Besides, that doesn't make sense. It's the World Wide Web. It's everywhere at the same time.
  14. Texman

Texman Guest

I agree with Steve, the change would appear instantaneously to everyone, no matter the time zone. The space/time continuum is intact, with no tears.
    So, I surmise, it must actually be due to the fact the browser cache just needs to be cleared, then the change is allowed to happen!

Ray
  15. charliec

charliec Active Member

Unless the pages are flagged with "no cache" directives what you are seeing is the different refresh rates of web proxies between your browser and the target server. I haven't seen any recent stats on this but a significant volume of http requests for static pages is satisfied by proxies rather than the targeted server. The local browser caches also contribute to reducing the volume of traffic on the Internet.

Regards,

Charlie
  16. smyfe

smyfe Member

Hi Steve, Ray and Charlie, as i said earlier i had no idea if it was a time zone problem. I now understand a little better, the old brain cell gets a little lonely and has a fit sometimes:grin: I am a little thick when it comes to things like browser caches and refresh rates:-? I would love to complete the collection and am glad of the heads up on changes even if i have to wait a while for it to change over here. As i have only been watching the site for acouple of months, could anyone tell me if he ever releases the twin engined aircraft and the jets that are sometimes the background of his page.:) :)
    thanks guys
    Mick
  17. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

ok

That makes sense to me. Course, it sorta sounds like gobbledy-gook to my nontech mind, but it makes sense.
  18. rockpaperscissor

rockpaperscissor Member

Problem opening Trotskiy files

Gang, I have a number of Mr Trotskiy's designs, some were downloaded on my home computer, and some were downloaded on my work laptop. Anyway, thru the miracle of email, each computer has the identical set of Trotskiy files. I have Acrobat 8.xx on my work laptop, and all of the files open with no problem. At home (where my printer is), I have an archaic old IBM Aptiva with Win98 as the operating system. The highest version of Acrobat Reader supported by Win98 is 5.05. Whenever I try to open a Trotskiy file on my home computer, Acrobat can't open it. I get a popup that says "There was an error opening this document. This viewer cannot decrypt this document". Is there anyone else out there with Win98? If so, are you able to open Trotskiy files? I'm trying to figure out if the problem is my old version of Acrobat, or perhaps a missing foreign language patch, or maybe something else entirely. Trotskiy PDFs are the only ones that I can't open with Acrobat. I've never had a problem with any other PDF from any other source. I've never tried to open one with Photoshop, come to think of it. I may have just solved my own problem. After all this typing though, this post is going in anyway.
    Regards,
    Don
  19. smyfe

smyfe Member

Don, I am sure i have read somewhere on this forum that you need the later versions of Adobe Acrobat with Japanese fonts installed to open Trotskiy files. hope this helps:)
  20. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Acrobat

He always uses the latest version of Acrobat ader. I have an older HP Pavillion with Windows ME. It has Acrobat 6 and I have trouble with some of Trotskiy's filesalthough most open with a window telling me that I might not be able to access some features in the file unless I update my Acrobat Reader. Unfortunately, Windows ME will not support Acrobat 7 and with a 7 gig hard drive, Windows XP doesn't fit. And forget Vista, it's too new.
    Gonna have to get a new computer one of these days.