Tropicana

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I've never seen the "juice train", I think it runs from Florida to NYC 3 or 4 times a week, with a second "juice train" running from Florida to Chicago once or twice a week. However, 5 or 6 Tropicana juice cars are moved to So Cal to Tropicana's City Of Industry warehouse 3 or 4 times a week, so anybody modeling the U.P. could always model a few of the Tropicana cars for their layout. I'm not sure where else Tropicana has warehouses.

e-paw

Mar 16, 2007
saylorsburg pa
When I lived in Bayonne (NJ)I saw the juice train quite a few times running in and out of the Tropicana's plant in jersey city. The plant was located right on the city line between Jersey city and Bayonne.The best spot to get a picture was a clearing next to a group of housing projects called Curry Woods, we'll call it the "wrong side of the tracks". Never the less I never got a picture for fear of having my camera (or car)stolen. Most of the time the train had a bunch of the newer refer cars with the one piece molded body, they maid me think of a full sized shake the box kit. Maybe the manufacture looked to Athern for construction ideas?