Trolley Museum

zedob

I went to the Connecticut Trolley Museum today and brought back a few pics. I still have more to resize and will put them up in time.

This has to be one of the prettiest trolleys that i've seen. The etched glass is so cool.
beautiful.JPG

Too bad it doesn't run.
beautiful_2.JPG

Super plow. sorry about the white dot. Spec of dirt on lens

traction_snowplow.JPG

Side view. They need to get some dumpsters and have volunteer clesan up day. If they cleaned the weeds out, they'd probably find a trolley they forgot about. They do have a large collection of MOW supplies that were donated hiding in the weeds out back.

traction_snowplow_2.JPG

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Looks like a fun place to visit Zedob. You never know what you will find at these museums. That 355 is a beauty.

zedob

I copied the link to their site, but I guess I forgot to insert it into the post.

http://www.ceraonline.org/

Hey, does everyone else NOT see the link when pasting one in? The cursor moves over like it's there, but I can't see it and when I post, it magically appears.

mumblemumblemumble

Marxed

awsome, i went to the PA trolley museum like a month ago and posted pictures of it here, it's nice to see that theres more of these museums out there

zedob

Really. These cats have been at it for 65 years. The original line lasted only 20.

Who doesn't like a trolley? I (and probably everyone else here) wish they never stopped running. Last year I noticed a pothole downtown that had opened up to reveal hidden girder rail. I wish I had taken a pic of it before they patched up the hole. Humm, ya know, if they ever wanted to have some sort of light rail service around here all they would have to do is dig up the streets:D

I'd love to volunteer, but I just don't have the time right now. I think I'd request the yard clean-up job, just to see what was hidden under all of the weeds.

Sir_Prize

Nice pics. Looks like a nice afternoon.

I thought the dot was a patch job on the plow... it looked like primer. Ha!