Trix Engine Wheel Cleaner

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Don't know much about these so I'll ask here...Do you guys use these engine wheel cleaners? My LHS just got a Trix engine wheel cleaner in but I didn't know how necessary/useful they are. Opinions???

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Sorry...no link...I've seen them advertised and even on the latest MRR Dream-Plan-Build video where they basically said you can get the same cleaning with rubbing alcohol and a cotton (lint free) cloth. The person who wrote the article mention not liking these types of metal cleaners because they introduce tiny scratches on the rails and wheels which allow dirt and grime a place to stick. But, like everything else there's always two or more sides to every story, so I was wondering if anyone on the forum had any experiences using a metal bristle cleaner like this one.

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
If it is like a divided bristle brush, yes I have one and use it. Like they say, it can cause scratches on the wheels that pick up more gunk, An engine that has heavily gunked wheels, I use it to get the heavy stuff off until I get to the metal. Then change to alky or whatever before it scratches.

Lynn