TRAXXAS RUSTLER

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Batman, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timrock

timrock Active Member

i would suggest the Streak speed control and run 9-10 cells with a 14,13 or even a 12 trun motor.you would need good conectors as well.then you would have to experiment with the pinion and spur gears.

60 mph is pretty fast.you would need alot of driving experience to drive your 1/10 scale car that fast.
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

also forget Nitro.Electric is cleaner cheaper and faster than any stock Nitro car or truck on the market.Nitro sucks a-s-s.
  3. Robin

Robin Member

my thoughts have always been that nitro was faster. They're not? When i raced against one once it blew my doors off. Things that make you go "mmmmmmmm"
  4. mastmec

mastmec Member

Box stock, nitro is almost always faster, and to get the speed, nitro is cheaper, it costs more money to get an electric car up to speed (better batteries, motor, speed control, gearing, connectors, wiring, charger) This is RTR of coarse. Nitro, just get higher % nitro and gearing, and a good pipe.
  5. timrock

timrock Active Member

stock nitro cars/trucks are faster than stock electric.that is just the result of what is avalible by all of the manufacturers.but it is cheaper and much nicer to go with electric.

Electric can be as fast as you want it to be.wich can easily be made faster than any stock Nitro car/truck for much less money.and the fuel is sealed inside of cells;what we call batteries.no need for stupid bottles of dangerous,smelly,messy liquid to deal with called Nitro fuel.

with cells,it is all sealed.Electric is much much better.Nitro will become the Wagon wheel of RC cars in the future.
  6. mastmec

mastmec Member

How do you mean electric can be made faster for much less money? Less than what? You buy two RTRs and what would you have to buy to get the electric faster than the nitro, say Rustler and Nitro Rustler, the nitro does over 51MPH out of the box with some AA bateries and some fuel for about $335. The Rustler does about 25MPH out of the box, for about $190, Then a good motor for another $50, battery $50, Charger $50, set of bearings $25, Thats $365 just to start with only one good battery, not to mention the little stuff to go along with all this I mentioned earlier. Hows this cheaper?
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

the kit 50$.speed control,40.motor 20.batteries 20.connecteors 15.without the charger you are looking at $145 for a 60-70mph potential car

you want to find a nitro truck like that you are looking at 300$
    and thats ithout all the requirements and labor to get the bad idea of a nitro running.
  8. mastmec

mastmec Member

Where do you get a $50 kit? Your buying the cheapest crap batteries and motors you can. And it's not going anywhere without a charger. Why go to all that trouble to still have a crap POS truck. And your not going to hit that speed without bearings.
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

why?whats a charger?20-30 bucks?

you can get a Rustler kit for 50$ with bearings in the tranny,where it is most important.

so like i said

Electric is much,much better than Nitro.Faster,cleaner,cheaper and much more fun.
  10. timrock

timrock Active Member

Nitro sucks @#%&

Edited by Admin. Deliberately trying to circumvent the foul language filter will result in a suspended account
  11. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

Where can you get a rustler kit for $50????
  12. timrock

timrock Active Member

from Traxxas.or you can get one from your local Hobby shop for about 65.but you have to build it.better to build it yourself so that you know your car.
  13. Batman

Batman Member

you can go to ebay and go to the forums and my electric rustler cost me $120 and all three of my batteries duratrax 1500 $10, duratrax 1500 $10,and my nimh 3000 for $30 thats $160 and i already had a charger so i would only be spending about 100 on extras for motor, esc, and build my own batery so timrock is right there
  14. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

did a search and couldnt find it cheaper than $129(new)
  15. mastmec

mastmec Member

I was talking new RTR from Tower Hobbies with pretty good equiptment, yes, Ebay ROCKS!!
  16. Batman

Batman Member

yes ebay rocks i bought it like 5 weeks ago
  17. Batman

Batman Member

hey are there any other hop ups or just hop ups thta people have made up that make the car look sweet
  18. elvisreaks

elvisreaks New Member

for some of the best mods i've found for the rustler are at www.ultimatetraxxas.com. i highly recommend the chassis mods , what a improvement. from speed to handling its all there.
  19. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

20. elvisreaks

elvisreaks New Member

also as for the rusty being around 50 bucks, i bought mine for 175 used at a lhs it was basicly new. the only upgrade was a green machine 2. oh, the reason i was willing to spend that much was i wanted one that day. if they were less than a 100, i would have been able to buy one at walmart.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.