Transformable voltron model

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by voltron5, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voltron5

voltron5 Member

I used MS Paint to color some of the parts myself so no problem there. Actually while I was in the process of finding reference material for vehicle voltron I stumbled across voltron 2, I had no idea it even existed. I gathered a good amount of reference material for this one as well so yeah I think after vehicle voltron I will make this one as well, I figure why not have a whole set. LOL

@webdude, Thank you so much for your positive comments, That sincerely means a lot to me coming from you, I have enjoyed building many of your models. In the beginning of this thread I was apprehensive of posting for fear of embarrassment or just looking like a total noob(seeing as this my first 3d model I've ever made) but with all the positive comments and help I have received from the members here I am very happy that I did post and I think I will settle in here for a nice long stay:wave:

Attached Files:

2. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello all,

Sorry I only managed to get 2 legs completed today so the build continues on :p Didn't bother taking pics of a 2 legged lion :p

G1
  3. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

No sweat buddy. With you I know it'll be worth the wait. ;) This model is coming together really well so far. :)
  4. voltron5

voltron5 Member

Green lion ready to be sent to beta builder, first worked out as many errors as possible to save on ink. I had to go back and change the 3d model of the green lion, I couldn't get the curved parts over the leg wells to build right so I eliminated them, still looks good though I think. I also had to redo the Blue lion because when I folded down the head in sketch up to see how it looked as a lion it just didn't look right, first one is the old model and second is the new one, but the blue lion is done now and ready for pepakura,:thumb:

Attached Files:

5. voltron5

voltron5 Member

6. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey V5,

You can send me the green lion to beta build :D

G1
  7. voltron5

voltron5 Member

no problem, ckstyles was the first beta builder for the green lion so his name will go on this one though. I'm cool with sending it to you seems how you did such an awesome job on the red lion:mrgreen: Blue lion is unfolded and printed and waiting to be built. I think it may need to be scaled down a bit though looks a bit large.

Attached Files:

8. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey V5,

Only send it if Ck's cool with it. I don't want to step on any toes :p

The back legs are almost done. I just need to finish building the thighs, sand and color em up. Hope to have pics of the completed build up tonight or tomorrow :D

Keep the lions comin :D

G1
  9. Mace

Mace Member

Really nice build you guys!!! But HOW do you (Getter&V5) get the circles so nice. Everytime I try to make nice circles they still come out being square :(
  10. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

No problem, G1. The more builders the better. I plan on getting started soon.
  11. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello All,

Here it is the Red Lion completed :D

Hope it pleases.

G1

Attached Files:

12. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

voltron5,

could you tell me how these will join together when all parts are finished?

Will they be able to join together like the toy?

Also will instructions be mad for these models?

EXCELLENT work!!

NSCXP2005
  13. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Nice work G1. You are a very clean and efficient builder. I hope mine is on par with yours!
  14. rapierdragon

rapierdragon Member

*See's picture of red-lion in build process*
    "YIKES! How HUGE is this thing gonna be?"

*goes back and looks at the pic of the head on that package of whatever it is*

Looks like (red lion) its bout 5" wide by bout 9" long (if not larger)... that makes the entire Lion Voltron what, some 14" tall (about the same size as the large Vehicle Voltron toy)

I have a knock-off of Vehicle Voltron. I had to paint some parts of it to the right colors though. It looks great but its a pain cause its so huge.
  15. voltron5

voltron5 Member

How's it going guys, not much time to work on model the past few days, but I got the blue lion head rescaled and built up and the body is ready to be built. Should be ready for a beta-builder soon.

@ Mace, first thanks for the positive comments:thumb: As far as cutting a circle what I do is put the knife on the paper and slowly turn the paper as you cut out the circle, turning the paper is much easier than trying to twist your wrist into an unnatural position to follow the curve. Hope this helps:mrgreen:

@ Getter1 That build looks beautiful, very clean and precise. Makes mine look like a turd:eek: Can't wait to see what you do with the green lion.

@nscxp2005, My plan is to include the pieces that will join them all together with the black lion. They will connect like the toys did with slight differences due to the limitations of paper. As far as instructions, I could release the pdo's i suppose as instructions but some faces show up without textures but if its being use as visual reference it doesn't matter I suppose. What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

16. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the compliments :D It was a fun model to build.

V5 your's does not look like a turd :p The blue lion is lookin good so far. Can't wait to get my paws on it to :D

G1
  17. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

I think that would be very helpful to release the PDO's
  18. voltron5

voltron5 Member

19. voltron5

voltron5 Member

Blue Lion done for the most part just need to add in pieces where the black lion connects. Yellow lion is pretty much done as well just need to do a test build. 90% of the Black lion is being unfolded now, just need to finish modeling the head, wings and sword.:thumb:

Attached Files:

20. voltron5

voltron5 Member

When completed the small scale voltron should be about 12" and the large should be 24". As I finish each model I will release the pdo file so you can build them at what scale you want. You'll have to unfold some of them in pepakura and recolor though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.