Transformable voltron model

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by voltron5, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bradley

Bradley New Member

figure measurements and pics

It is 14.5 inchs tall,red &green lins arms 6.5 inchs, blue and yellow legs 6 inchs,shoulders 9 inchs wide, sword 10 inchs long and shield 4 inchs wide. This is the original lion voltron. I think the other lion might be about the same size. I hope it helps you. I plan on getting the other voltron lion figure one of these days.

Attached Files:

2. voltron5

voltron5 Member

This helps immensely, thank you so much for taking the time to take the measurements for me, know I can be sure that it is going to be as accurate as possible:thumb: Right know I am building the large scale version of the red lion I have the head and front body done and measures at 4 1/2", once completed the large scale red lion should be 9-10 inches from head to toe so the small scale will be 4 1/2-5" as it is half the size. I have included some pics of my current build, not the prettiest build as I'm just slapping it together with super glue just to test the fit on all the parts so far all I have found is one missing flap, but its so small it doesn't really matter anyway. The body hasn't been closed up yet as I have one more leg to attach. Forgot to mention small scale will be 3 pages and the large will be 6.

Attached Files:

3. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Hey V5, very nice looking model. I just caught this thread. If you need another Beta builder, I'd give it a go as well. Let me know by PM.
  4. voltron5

voltron5 Member

How's it going ckstyles? Thanks for the comments, I don't want to show my noobness here but I don't know how to PM, never really used it before. I will be needing a beta builder for the green lion here in a few days, as soon as I finish with the unfolding. Gotta work:curse: this weekend so probably won't make any real progress on it till monday.

Voltron5
    Ryan
  5. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey V5,

Sorry bout the delays. Work kills a man and his hobby time :(

You all will be seeing some Beta pics of the ol red lion this weekend :D

G1
  6. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

COOL! Shaping up really well. :) Looking forward to seeing more. ;)
  7. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

To PM, just click on my user name, above the flash insignia and choose send private message.. Noobness is next to godliness!, lol. You may mail me as well at ckastrinos@neb.rr.com
  8. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello All,

As promised here are some pics of the beta build progress. I've got everything together but the legs. Those will have to wait till tomorrow.

I made 2 small modifications. I removed the stock teeth and made new ones from toothpicks. I aslo added a retracting tail. How to do is in the build progress pics.

V5 if this is cramping your thread say so and a moderator will move it to a new thread.

Hope I've done you justice :D

G1

Attached Files:

9. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

More pics (since I can only attach 6 at a time :p ).

G1

Attached Files:

10. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

More pics agian :p

G1

Attached Files:

11. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

It's kinda hard to see with my bad photography skills :( but in the 1st pic is the inner part of the jaw where I extended the existing part to eliminate the stock teeth.

Note, the elbow/waist joint ande teeth were colored with a silver sharpie.

G1

Attached Files:

12. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

And this is where I ended tonight.

To be continued...............

G1

Attached Files:

13. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Looks superb buddy! That waist/elbow joint looks flawless!
  14. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

This looks fantastic! it really shaping up very quickly.

Keep up the great work.
  15. voltron5

voltron5 Member

Getter 1 that is looking fantastic, I wouldn't dream of asking you to move your posts to another thread. I got your e-mail last night and fixed the problem you pointed out(thanks again:thumb:) I really like your idea with the tail. gives it more life and personality I think. How do you feel about making it an option in the released version? Before I compile the bmp's into a pdf. I can send the files for the rear body over to you so you can do your magic. Thank you so much for all of your help on this I seriously couldn't have done it without your help(I would have released a error laden model):cry: Let me know what you think about making the modifications.

Voltron5
    Ryan
  16. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Nice job G1. The toothpick idea is excellent. It gives it a nice realistic touch and the joint is done very well.
  17. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

This is excellent design work with a clearly documented procees and it is a joy for me to follow this thread!:thumb:
  18. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

V5,

I have to say thank you for bringing an icon from my childhood into the paper world :D

Sure I can whip up those patrs easy, but keep in mind the only program I have is MS Paint. I never sprang the money for photoshop.

I'm glad I could help :D Can't wait to get a crack at the others :D

Well I guess it's time to hit the legs :p

Check back later on for the conclusion of this build :D

G1

Oh V5, have you considered "Voltron 2" aka Albegias? I know the toy sucked but the animated version was actually pretty cool. I think if the cartoon had actually aired in the US it would've be a more appreciated design.

Here's a link to a resin model of Albegias so you can see what he's supposed to look like,

ModelCenter
  19. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

I got the 1st leg completed (now to do 3 more :p ).

For teh parts I cut off most of the tabs as I perfer not to use them on curves to keep the curve more true. Also because of the size I'm building I substituted the ankle and elbow pins with plastic rod. Dowel can also be used if the right size can be had.

Note in the 1st pic the 2 white rectangle parts are shoulder joint reinforcement parts. I forgot to install these before closing up the body sections. I countered this mistake by reinforcing the holes on the body with super glue strengthening the openings.

I also pre colored parts that would be hard to reach when assembled with the silver sharpie.

The only mod I did here other than replacing the joint rods was to add 3 claws using scrap card in strips. Oh almost forgot I added a joint disk to the shoulder as I colored it all silver the circle V5 had there wouldn't show. It also adds a 3D effect. It turned out ok. I should have used a bit thinner paper for these parts. It came out a bit sloppy but that was my fault not V5's :p

Enjoy,
    G1

Attached Files:

20. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

And here we are installed.

Now to do the others.

G1

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.