tramps hoboes and bums

cn nutbar

hello all---the Toronto Hamilton @ Buffalo railway had many nick-names---this was one of my favourites.it also had some very impressive equipment

2003015.jpg

2003006.jpg

2003007.jpg

2003008.jpg

2003009.jpg

2003010.jpg

doctorwayne

And to me too. And since you're showing my favourite prototype, I've returned the favour Mister nutbar: check out "what the heck is this?"

Wayne

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Fantastic!!! I was just reading about the TH&B in Classic Trains. I wasn't familiar with it before but it would be a likley interchange road between my Penn Central and Canadian friends. I like the paint scheme too!
Ralph

doctorwayne

You're right about that Ralph. I have pictures of Penn Central geeps in Kinnear Yard in Hamilton, although unfortunately only as prints or slides. Also Erie Lackawanna and Conrail, and before that, as you probably read in Classic Trains, New York Central. I remember geeps and E-units, along with Hudsons and Pacifics too.

Wayne

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
I was expecting to see "non-revenue" passengers in boxcars! ;)

Great photos (as usual) of an interesting prototype...

Andrew

galt904

Wasn't the "To Hell & Back" jointly owned by CP and NYC? The TH&B interchanged with NYC at Waterford and Welland.

Art67

Cn nutbar, that top photo has got to be one of your best photos yet. Those TH&B units are simply beautiful. What a classic looking paint scheme.

N

nachoman

Nice looking fleet, but I am concerned about the rail gap in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th photos!

kevin

cn nutbar

thanks for the feedback

hello all---i appreciate all your comments---chad,you're right on regarding the joint ownership with the cp and nyc---kevin,you've got a good eye---actually much of my layout is in the "development stages" and the areas that you recognized have yet to be completed---you can be sure that nothing runs through that section as yet---still have a way to go---but we're getting there---thanks again

cn nutbar

ralph---check this out

i came across this photo(sorry i don't know the source)showing an interchange between the TH&B and the Penn Central---thought you might enjoy

250306033.jpg