Trains on TV

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by N Gauger, Sep 20, 2004.

1. TrainJunkee

TrainJunkee Member

DIY (Do it youself network) has train show on that cater to real model railroader with Intructionals on scenery backdrops and all kinds of stuff... I have yet to see it because it is on at 5am.. on a week day to boot... I gotta get tivo!!!! wall1 Below is the next time it is on... and a few others of interest... If you have comcast you can search keywords like railroad on this web site it will return the programs with that keyword

TVplanner

Workin' on the Railroad

Channel 240 DIY
    2006 | 30 mins
    Wed, Dec 5, 5:00a - 5:30a

(Repeat. Orig. air date: 09/05/2006)

Voyages
    Trains Unlimited: Trans-Canadian Railway
    242 HISI 1998 | TVPG | 60 mins | [​IMG]</IMG>
    Thu, Nov 29, 10:00a - 11:00a

Construction of the Canada's transcontinental railroad.
    (Repeat. Orig. air date: 11/30/1998)

I CAN GET AWAY THE NEXT ONE CAUSE I HAVE A FIVE YEAR OLD... BUT THE ISLAND OF SODOR WHERE THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE CRUISES THE RAILS HAS SOME REALLY NICE SCENERY!!!! LOTS OF TITLES ON FREE ONDEMAND. I AM SERIOUS IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MODELING IDEAS IT IS A GREAT RESOURCE :razz: DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE ENGINES ON THE ISLE OF SODOR ARE LIVE STEAM... THEY CERTAINLY APPEAR TO BE

Thomas And The Magic Railroad

ON DEMAND G | 85 mins | $0.00
    Available until Thu, Dec 20

Mr. Conductor must find a new supply of magic gold dust to protect Thomas theTank Engine from the mean-spirited Diesels.
  2. iis612

iis612 Member

I have seen the toy train show. It is nice to see the lionel pieces, but the presentation is so dry and boring. I found it hard to stay awake
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Active Member

I remember that episode. IIRC, they are old 4-4-0's and it was postulated that they were on some sort of platform lashed to the deck of a sailing vessel which foundered during a bad storm.

Either the skid with the locos broke free or was cut loose, and they ended up together, in pristine condition, upright on the bottom.

i believe plans to recover and restore them are in the works.
  4. lester perry

lester perry Guest

well it is known as the garbage state.