Trains & Grain - free tour

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
I got this email from the CN listserv I belong to and thought I'd pass it on to anyone in the Paxton IL area. I wish I could go, but it's too far for me.

The Illinois Central Historical Society (ICHS) is pleased to announce our spring event.

How many listers have taken pictures of trains going past grain elevators? Ever wonder how those things work? Now's your chance to find out.

On Saturday April 16th 2005 the ICHS will host a tour of the large Ludlow Grain Coop Elevator in Paxton, IL. We will have a tour of the elevator and the associated rail facility. The resident switch engine, an EMD end-cab, will operate and will pose for us with cuts of cars at various locations on the site.

After the tour, we will meet back at the ICHS Headquarters/Depot in Paxton for conversation, slides, video, etc. Maybe we'll all pitch in for pizza.

The specific time of the tour is not set yet but will probably be late morning. This facility is on the mainline of the (CN) IC railroad and you can fan your way down Rt. 45 from Chicago.

Shake off those April "Tax Man" blues and come join us in Paxton for this FREE event. We will post the specific time of the tour and directions to Paxton as soon as we have that detail. Meanwhile, please pencil us in. You can check out the ICHS at www.icrrhistorical.org.

Val

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Grrrr.... Too early for me. I'll be in the area for a week at the end of March. Oh well.