Trains 2002 / Vancouver

rockislandmike

Just confirmed my hotel a couple of days ago, so I thought I'd send out an early warning about Trains 2002 in the Vancouver region (actually in Burnaby I think).

If anyone lives out there, or is heading out for it, and wants to get together, let me know. I'm gonna be free all day Friday (I am planning on going on the layout tour that night though), and then Saturday evening.

Sunday I'm free too, but I think I'll use that day to drive down to Bellingham and get me a few cases of Mr. Pibb.

Steam Donkey

Hi Mike!

Let me say Welcome to Vancouver! Bring your raincoat, looks like you're just in time for our rainy season! :O) (all that water keeps everything fresh and green, eh)

A really great model railroad shop (my favorite) is Pacific Scale Rail in New Westminster (just next door to Burnaby). There are some really knowledgeable staff working there......and they're a hoot to boot! :D (just ask for my buddy John) They also have a couple of small demo layouts inside, and lots of cool stuff!

Their website is http://www.pacificscalerail.com/.

Toll Free:
(800) 377-2860

New Westminster
(604) 524-8825
Fax: (604) 524-6664
612 Carnarvon, New Westminster, BC, Canada,

Good Luck! Have a great time at trains 2002, I'm not sure if I can make it yet...but I'm gonna try!!

Stan

rockislandmike

Thanks, Stan, I've put them into my itinerary (some locals were talking about it too).

Unfortunately, I just discovered that the layout tours are all full. And since I just sent my registration in today . . . . . . looks like I'm outta luck.

Course, I just found out another good friend is gonna be around that weekend too, so maybe I'll just go drink beer with him instead.

Steam Donkey

Bummer, Mike. But there's always next year! Have a good time hoisting suds! Maybe you can empty a few cans for those oh-so nifty beer can tank cars! :D

Look forward to seeing you at the rr show, there are several hobby shops in the Vancouver area, the one that steam donkey mentioned is very good, the others are neat to look through too.
Ron.