Train Wreck

F

Fred_M

Well, we had a bad one today. The southbound intermodal and northbound extra collided during passing. The accident is being blamed on excessive speed. FRED

Attachments

• trainwreck.jpg
    trainwreck.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 388
F

Fred_M

Originally posted by George D
What are all the cars doing in the parking lot to the right? Do they belong to the lawyers?:) :)

George
No, they are "visiting" in the upstairs apartment in the brick building to the left. Only thing hurt was some bushes got uprooted. And thanks for the offer of the crane. My railroads poor and we don't have one and ATSF wanted real money for us to use theirs. One of the trailers had a load of toilet paper and it's everywhere. FRED:)

F

Fred_M

Originally posted by belg
Are you sure there is no operator error attached to that excessive speed?:D That clean up is going to shut down those rails for quite a while. Pat
All accidents are operator errors. Just ask any saftey manager. FRED

F

Fred_M

We got the mains back open. So I guess we will be back next week. FRED

Attachments

• open.jpg
    open.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 346

Climax1880

Feb 13, 2004
At the edge of the woods
Visit site
Fred:
I think that the wreck was caused by that strange looking object laying alongside the track near the yellow truck. What is that thing? It's probably something that fell off of an 18-wheeler. You know how careless these truckers are:D :D :D

This doesn't have anything to do with "The Box" does it???

Glad that things are all cleared up, and keep on keepin on.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Speaking of wrecks we have a member at the club that insisted that he use live coal loads in his hopper cars..This worked will for quite some time till that one faithful Sunday afternoon..This 50 car coal drag was running along just fine until the block protection failed in his caboose and one of the dispatchers threw the switch under the train that cause a major derailment.:eek:
Needless to say when those hoppers started turning over coal went everywhere..For the longest time Pee Pee creek(named after a real creek in Southern Ohio) was renamed Coal Creek.:cry:
Today he uses a mix of plastic and home made coal loads instead of live loads.:D

F

Fred_M

A simular story is I have some Tichy Ore cars that are extra light so I filled then with sand and the ran fine until the fateful day they derailed in front of visitors and sand went everywhere, including the parralell tracks where another pair of locos were hammering the other way. I had to vacum up the mess and tear down and clean two Athearn units that had their mechanisms full of sand. The tichy ore cars are now scenery on a siding. :eek:ops: At least it was a cool and realistic wreck. FRED