Train Station Kitbash (N Scale)

Drew1125

Well, this might seem a little crazy for a train station, but since this is freelance, & I'm just kinda "imagineering" this whole thing, on a whim, I decided to put concrete planters on the plaza area, & give it a little greenery. I also added some railing around the edges.

Attachments

• mvc-028f.jpg
    mvc-028f.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 151

Drew1125

I also used styrene to raise the base 2 1/2 scale ft. to the same height as the boarding platforms...I covered the bare styrene with H&R brick sheet & some styrene strip.

Attachments

• mvc-030f.jpg
    mvc-030f.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 148

Drew1125

I haven't gotten a lot done on this one in the last couple of months, but here is an update...

I made some steps for the arched doorway, & added some details, & gravel, to the roof...

Attachments

• steps1.jpg
    steps1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 119
  • steps1.jpg
    steps1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 119

Drew1125

I've also begun to "people" the place up a little bit:D ...

Attachments

• station3.jpg
    station3.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 113
  • station3.jpg
    station3.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 113

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Wow Charlie, it just looks awesome. What a great model. I love all the details like the planters and the LPBs
You are very talented my friend

jmarksbery

Thanks Charlie,

I have that kit in my invatory somewhere, I may copy that if I may. Great modeling from you once more! Keep it coming my friend. Jim :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Drew1125

Well, it's been over a month since I posted an update on this...I've been neglecting thyis project in favor of other things lately, but an still making tiny steps forward...:rolleyes:
Here's a couple of pics to show how the diorama is shaping up...the tracs are in, but no ballast, or bumpers yet...& details are begining to appear on the platforms...

Attachments

• mvc-001f.jpg
    mvc-001f.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 96

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Lookin' good Charlie. The LPB lounging on the platform bench looks like he is waiting for something to do like ballasting your track

P

philip

Charlie: Thats lookin real nice. I see the L & N lurking in the background. Reminds me of Louisville's Union Station.

philip:)