Train Songs

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
Eclectic musical tastes...

Originally posted by Mike R
Hey Tin Goat...that diesel that 'Me & Bobby McGee' thumbed down, was a TRUCK ! A dirty old railroad-industry-killin' SEMI !
Bite your tongue, I guess...I will say one thing, you may be the only music buff I know of who likes Glenn Miller AND Jethro Tull.
This is good.
regards / Mike

Well, they did start off waitin' for a train.... :D

I thought that the 'requisite for this thread was supposed to be good tunes that had some remote connection to railroadin'.

I get my love of jazz and swing from my dad. I misspent my youth, hanging around with a diverse crowd.... Punk-Rockers, Head-Bangers and Hippies... Stayed far away from the Disco/Hip-Hop/Rap Crowd though...

My dancing is restricted to Slam-Pogo!

I will have to rack my brains for a Punk rail-tune... I'm sure there must be one. Perhaps something from the Ramones?
Gabba-Gabba-Hey!

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Tin-Goat: Thanks for the Tull site! Love the Glen Miller too, saw Jimmy Stewart play him again just the other night. Can't wait for the punk Train song.

How does punk fit into 60103's major music groups?

One more, "Great Train Robbery" by Mountain.

Ted

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
Musical mystery tour....

Originally posted by TR-Flyer
Tin-Goat: Thanks for the Tull site! Love the Glen Miller too, saw Jimmy Stewart play him again just the other night. Can't wait for the punk Train song.

I'm a Jimmy Stewart fan too.... Got the Glen Miller Story on VHS!

Originally posted by TR-Flyer How does punk fit into 60103's major music groups.

Ted

Good Question..... Mods ride scooters....

Punkers walk in their Doc Martin's, ride transit or steal taxi cabs.... :cool:

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I stand by my contention. The country train songs were stolen from the folk singers. :mad:
and Mike?...from Meaford?* A lotta things got called folk songs that didn't have anything folkish about them...kinda like Lionel's new push trains.

(to be said by John Morgan):D :D

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Just check out Woodie Guthrie's catalog if you want to see how long folk music has been talkin' about trains. The LSD stuff just started with Woodie's son. But Arlo sings about trains too, just look upstream on this thread to see a couple of 'em.

"Ridin' on, th' City of New 'oilins...."

Ted