Train Sim 2 from Microsoft

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
I have been watching and waiting for this simulator to start to have more information available. Check out this simulator, and I do mean sim not GAME! Sounds like it will be the best ever out of anything ever made! And when I say sounds I mean it.

It will host things like 5.1 Surround Sound, Detailed 3-D cabs, locomotives, and rolling stock with real-world physics, functioning signals and switches, passenger/freight loading and unloading and dynamic weatherImaging. It will also have historical routes in North America and Europe combine with innovative terrain modeling, custom and automatically-generated scenery objects, and 3-D systems to enable a realistic low-and-slow experience that brings the world alive.

The possibilites this simulator will have sound incredible.

Check it out for yourself at:

http://www.tsinsider.com/en-US/Pages/default.aspx
http://www.tsinsider.com/en-US/product/Pages/default.aspx

Below is a screen shot of the game.
cab.JPG

dash.jpg

car1.jpg

cab2.jpg

car2.jpg

Is this something you might get for yourself? :twisted:

:wave:

I am also looking forward to the new Train Sim. I got the original MS Train Sim when it first came out.

Combat, your links point to old content for the now canceled MS Train Simulator 2 that was being done with Kuju, the guys that did the original Train Sim with MS. Kuju has since released their own sim called "Rail Simulator" in Europe. They are working on a version for North America. More info here: Latest News | RailSimulator.com

The new Train Simulator 2 from MS uses the graphics engine and terrain data from MS Flight Simulator X (which I also have.) It will feature "World of Rails", a database of almost every railroad line in the world, with several areas done in high detail. The areas not done in high detail can be added on to easily by third party developers. One big difference between the new version and the old version is the ability for third parties to add on to the sim. Something that is seen a lot in FSX, but was very difficult in the original MS Train Sim.

Looking forward to it!

Regards,
...jim

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
I am also looking forward to the new Train Sim. I got the original MS Train Sim when it first came out.

Combat, your links point to old content for the now canceled MS Train Simulator 2 that was being done with Kuju, the guys that did the original Train Sim with MS. Kuju has since released their own sim called "Rail Simulator" in Europe. They are working on a version for North America. More info here: Latest News | RailSimulator.com

The new Train Simulator 2 from MS uses the graphics engine and terrain data from MS Flight Simulator X (which I also have.) It will feature "World of Rails", a database of almost every railroad line in the world, with several areas done in high detail. The areas not done in high detail can be added on to easily by third party developers. One big difference between the new version and the old version is the ability for third parties to add on to the sim. Something that is seen a lot in FSX, but was very difficult in the original MS Train Sim.

Looking forward to it!

Regards,
...jim

I didnt know that. I too have FSX pro and that is going to be one sweet thing if they use that technology in train sim 2.

The pics they show own their website, Microsoft, looks great. We will have to see if that translates to the game itself or if its just pretty art.
:mrgreen:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Right, you get to be the enginer on a variety of trains and routes. I have the original Train simulator and enjoyed it a lot but eventually stopped using it. The updated versions sounds like it might hold my interest longer. I like the screen shot of the cab.
Ralph

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
Here is an update from Microsoft. I dont think Trainz can do this:

Trains_063.jpg

Trains_271.jpg

Trains_083.jpg

Trains_278.jpg

There are loading instructions on that car. Thats what I call details!
Trains_300.jpg

WOW.... NICE SHOT!!!
Trains_364.jpg

:wave:

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Man, I've been waiting for TS2 for over a year.
Now I find out it might be at least another year???

C'mon Microsoft!
Make with the goods already! :curse:

wall1

The graphics look amazing though.

FWIW, I still really enjoy TS1 :mrgreen: