Train Shows on TV!

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
I found some train programming on my dish last week and I wanted to pass it on.

RFD-TV shows two different train shows weekly, I Love Trains and Trains & Locomotives. Here are their times (Eastern Time Zone)

I Love Trains: Sun 4am, Mon 10am, Thur 7pm, Fri 1am, Fri 7am

Trains & Locomotives: Sun 3pm, Mon 6pm, Tue 12am, Tue 6am, Tue 12pm, Sat 9am

RFD-TV can be found on DISH Network at channel 9409 and on DirectTV at channel 379 (it comes with any package on both). If you have cable, you will have to call your cable company or check out RFD-TV's website.

Hope this helps

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
Just as an aside, some of the farming and tractor shows could be useful for details on farms for your layout. Check out their website for more.

Incredible how useful the "Search" feature on the DISH Network is. I just searched for Trains and found these programs!

Michael

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Another one -

For anyone in the Ottawa, Ontario area - Mike Hamer's B&M will be on "Regional Contact" on CJOH-TV Saturday, 27 March 2004 at 6:30pm local time (eastern).

Mike's layout was on the cover of Great Model Railroads 2004.

Andrew

CarlFidy

Jun 17, 2002
Owasso, OK
Visit site
a little additional info...

Thanks for the post McFortner. I should be ashamed that I didn't post this first, as I work a company that takes DTV tech service calls.:eek:ops:

If watching on DTV, you need multisat equipment(ie: oval dish with 2 or 3 lnbs(white caps in front of dish)). But if you have the equipment, the channals are included in your base package.

From what I've seen of these programs, they seem to be put together pretty good. Only get to see a few minutes at a time while I'm between calls.:(

Carl Schorfheide
DTV Advanced Tech CSR

Summit

May 12, 2003
Elko, NV
www.trainweb.org
The Trains & Locomotives show usually runs videos from the Machines of Iron series...although recently they ran a series of videos from the early 1980's (Charles Smiley, if I remember correctly).

Interesting mix of programming on RFD-TV...