train help!

sparrow

May 28, 2002
Visit site
I have a couple of model train kits that I would lke to find out about. All I know is that they are HO scale. I would guess them to be from the 50's. They are in the original boxes, never assembled, super neat!

C

Catt

Hi sparrow, welcome to the Gauge.

What would you like to know about your kits?

sparrow

May 28, 2002
Visit site
Thanks, Catt!
Well for starters, I would just like to know what I have. I don't know a thing about models or trains. I just happen to own a couple of cool looking old model kits. They seem to have all of the pieces. Most of them tiny, metal and wood. Sound right?

sparrow

May 28, 2002
Visit site
Wow! Thanks for the response. Here is what one of them says on the box...The Cliff Line Scale Models, TC-6, 2.75, Red, Transfer Caboose. I don't have anyway to get pictures right now. I wish I did. Also...Binkley Models, HO-108, G.N. Box Car (Truss Rod). Both have instructions and lots of tiny pieces. The Binkley model has pieces that are still sealed in the original plastic! Yes, these are the same models that I am considering selling.

BillD53A

Mar 23, 2002
Fort Myers Florida
Visit site
The Binkley Models kit would date back to the early 60's or before; dont know about the caboose.
I dont know of any 'central clearing house' where a person can go to find a value for something like this, or even to try to sell it. Basically they are worth as much as someone is willing to pay for them.
You can try searching Ebay, but it may take a while for cars like these to show up...you wont see them every day...they are rare. You could also try listing them for sale there. Before going to ebay, try to find a way to get images of the kits...a lot of people wont even look at an item on ebay unless it has a photo. Do you have a scanner? If so just put the boxes in the scanner and scan them.. Works almost as well as a camera.