Trackplan III- ALL comments, criticisms or suggestions welcomed (warning long post)

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
grandpacoyote said:
Zedob & Russ,

Is this what you all had in mind? I think it is and see the benifit of it. Let me know what you all think, did I get it right? :)

Plan15Section3.jpg

Peace.

That is about it. I think it would work better with the new crossover turned around, but it will work either way. If the space is too tight to fit the crossover the other way due to the switch leading to industry "B" there is no reason the switch for the upper track could not be installed just beyond the switch for the siding to "B" so that the crossover starts in the straight just before the curve in the lower track and completes beyond the switch in the upper section. I'm sorry, I just don't know enough about computers to draw my ideas, and post them.

grandpacoyote

Aug 8, 2005
Denton, Texas
mysite.verizon.net
Russ Bellinis said:
That is about it. I think it would work better with the new crossover turned around, but it will work either way. If the space is too tight to fit the crossover the other way due to the switch leading to industry "B" there is no reason the switch for the upper track could not be installed just beyond the switch for the siding to "B" so that the crossover starts in the straight just before the curve in the lower track and completes beyond the switch in the upper section. I'm sorry, I just don't know enough about computers to draw my ideas, and post them.

Russ,

I think I follow your meaning sir, I'm away from home for a few days but I'll try it out when I get back and see what I can do.

Thanks again for the advice, I appreciate it greatly.

Peace.

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
grandpacoyote said:
KCS,

Thanks for the good words and congratulations on acquiring the room! That is fantastic news, space is always at a premium and it sounds like you have some really good potential there.

I'm honored that you think so highly of the plan it has been a real adventure getting it together; if any of it is usable to you feel free to use what ever of it you like. If you'd like a copy of the 3pi (3rd PlanIt) plan for the layout just let me know and I'll shoot it off to you.

Thanks again.

Peace.

That sound's good to me. Isn't 3pi a track design program? If so then I'll have to download it to veiw the file and make any changes to make it fit into my space. However sense I model current era just the change in building kit style's is the only thing but I do like the road set up too. Just a layout of this size will take me some time to get started on until I find another job. Are you building your's in sections or all as one whole layout? If I do build it would have to be in sections. Thanks much.