Track plan for my 2nd layout

alex_mrrkb

Nov 13, 2002
Montreal, Quebec, CANADA
www.mrrkb.com
Hi !

As I said earlier, me and my wife had to move, and the new house did not have enough room for my 3x7 N scale layout, so I had to store it and start from scratch, but smaller.

I seached the net for some cool 2x4 layouts, and found many. I picked one I liked, and modified it a little bit, and I can up with this one.

It actually comes from Mike's small trackplans page at http://www.naisp.net/users/mfischer/m_train2.htm (look at the second trackplan, I modified it just a little).

This layout would bring me:
- Operational challenge: all spurs are traling-point except one that's facing point
- Runaround capacity: so I can just let the trains roll
- Enought trackage: so I'm far enough from a simple oval with spurs
- Enough space: there's still space for roads and scenery
- Many turnouts and a crossover !
- Easy wiring: no reversible blocks needed
- A yard: I love yards :)

I'd like some comments on this trackplan ... any toughts ? Do you forsee any problems, or could you advise any good modifications to this trackplan ?

Thanks a lot !

Attachments

• nouveau layout.jpg
    nouveau layout.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 389

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Hey Alex -
This isn't so much a comment on the track plan, but if you can find any way to make it wider you might be a lot happier. Even an extra inch would allow a little more room for structures/scenery along the outside edge and make the chances of a derailment causing a plummet to the floor a lot less. Going from 2 X 4 to 2-1/2 X 4 could open up a whole realm of possibilities!

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Do you need or want a double track main? If you single tracked it, with a passing siding at the industrial section for a run around, you would have more room for scenery. The run around for the yard could be in the yard. A turnout on the right side would then provide a nice yard lead.

Jun 30, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
a slight change

here's a slightly different plan with a bit more scenery room from the same page:

2x40027.gif