Track Painting

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
The ties look fine gerry but in the second photo the track could use a little toning down. In the first photo everything looks great. I just paint it all a flat black then brush some pastel chalks over the ties.

Attachments

• looking past depot color.jpg
    looking past depot color.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 168

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Hi Gerry, Still love your rocks! I think the ties are fine, it can get frustrating when you're trying too hard. On the first photo, as Tyson said, there are some bright spots on the rail. the joiners on the far end, and up front, and the tips of the guard rails. I think the scene looks great. Now on the second photo my first thought was "cool, a NYC GP20" my second thought was "it's pulling a passenger train over a wood trestle" But the ties still looked good!

Gary

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Gerry, I tend to brush not spray the rails with a dirty brown/red, then wipe off the tops of the track afterwards. This also gives a rather nice effect to the sleepers as well.

Shamus

Attachments

• track.jpg
    track.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 135

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Great Minds

I've got a pamphlet that Geroge Sellios put out 20-25 years ago on weathering track. He and Tyson use the same method.;) Obviously great minds are working in unison:eek: :D :D :D ;)