Track laying Fun!!!!!

RevnJeff

Feb 20, 2006
Northwoods of Wisconsin
www.pegnsean.net
Well, I got downstairs both last night and this morning. I have gotten almost all the track laid on my 10 x 8 shelf-style layout. (HO scale)

Here's a link to the tracklaying web page. http://www.pegnsean.net/~revnjeff/ConcordInd%20Pk.html

Comments are welcome. I admit to not taking time to clean up the layout before taking pictures.

Jeff
Augsburg & Concord R.R.
(a fictional shortline in Central Illinois)
Come see us on the web:
http://www.pegnsean.net/~revnjeff

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Great start. A switching layout is always good for lots of interesting operation. Are you planning to use ground throws for the turnouts? How about uncoupling? Everything seems to be easily accessible for manual uncoupling with either a magnetic wand or the old wooden skewer option. Nice web site, too. You seem to be set for motive power and the paint and lettering really ties everything together.

Wayne

RevnJeff

Feb 20, 2006
Northwoods of Wisconsin
www.pegnsean.net
doctorwayne said:
Great start. A switching layout is always good for lots of interesting operation. Are you planning to use ground throws for the turnouts? How about uncoupling? Everything seems to be easily accessible for manual uncoupling with either a magnetic wand or the old wooden skewer option. Nice web site, too. You seem to be set for motive power and the paint and lettering really ties everything together.

Wayne
The turnouts will be thrown manually, using a v-shaped spring underneath the ties. This holds the points against the stock rails without using a ground throw or switch machine.

For uncoupling, I will be using the bamboo skewer. Control is DCC, using a Digitrax Zephyr and UT1 throttle.

L

lester perry

I can,t get to your pics but I know that there is nothing more exciting in MRR than laying new track and that first run on it. ENJOY
Les

C

Catt

Hi Jeff,good to ya posting on the best model railroad forum in the business. :D

Who are you going to use for decals now that Gary has shut down his operation ?

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
The layout looks great, Jeff!
Nice work on the track!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

RevnJeff

Feb 20, 2006
Northwoods of Wisconsin
www.pegnsean.net
Catt said:
Hi Jeff,good to ya posting on the best model railroad forum in the business. :D

Who are you going to use for decals now that Gary has shut down his operation ?

Not sure what I am going to do. I am considering Camera Ready Artwork with Rail Graphics, but I don't know. I really liked his work, as well as his price.