Track Guard

Harold Cole

Feb 15, 2006
Clayton Delaware
Several months ago someone posted a product called track guard,so i found it on E-bay and bought half a dozen or maybe more.Gave a few to a few friends and went back to E-bay to order some more and can't find the product anymore.I've searched the web without any results.Does anyone know a web site for this Track Guard Product¿I have a few, but i liked the results of the way it keeps the tracks clean,so i gave a few people some to try.They all are pleased with the results of the track cleaning job it does.If anyone knows where i can order some more would you please forward the Web site.Thanks Harold

L

lester perry

OK Harold what is this thing I have looked for it & can't find it what ever it is.
Les

Harold Cole

Feb 15, 2006
Clayton Delaware
Les,it seems like some kind of soft leather with a weight on the end of it and is mounted on the bottom of a box car.It cleans the track better than anything i've ever used.I just can't find it anywhere.I bought it off of E-bay and have never seen it again.It was fairly cheap.

L

lester perry

Is it something that could be easily made?
Maybe I can stop down & take a look at it.
Les

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
I seem to recall that he put this up on eBay as he had the time to make them. So even if he does not have them right now, he is probably interested in knowing you're looking.

Check the link above for his eBay search terms, and/or try the PM or email links in his profile (click his user name).

Andrew

Harold Cole

Feb 15, 2006
Clayton Delaware
lester perry said:
Is it something that could be easily made?
Maybe I can stop down & take a look at it.
Les
Les,i was thinking of going down to the leather shop and see if they had some scraps,the only other thing would be a weight.

2-8-2

Jan 6, 2005
Delaware, Ohio
www.wn-rr.net
This product sounds a lot like John Armstrong's famous track cleaning car. He used a piece of hardboard suspended from a boxcar to clean his tracks. I can't imagine that a piece of leather would clean the tracks very well though.

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hello all!! :thumb:

My jaw just dropped when I saw the subject on this thread!! I couldn't believe it was about my product!! I post it about every couple of weeks. I'll post it again starting tomorrow. Don't miss out...Supply is getting low. (I'll be quoting a couple of your comments to go along with it..)
Thanks for the interest & purchases.
Gus (LC&P).

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
OK,
Forgot to mention, it's not just "a piece of leather". It's specially treated accessory/apparel leatherthat removes dust & grime from the railheads while you enjoy your trains!

Thanks.

Gus (LC&P).

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi,

The listing is called HO TRAINS TRACK GUARD. Just do a search for this and it'll pop-up. Thanks for your interest.

Gus (LC&P).

P.D. I'm just in the process of re-listing it.

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi,
It's scheduled to start at 10:30 PM (CDT) and run through next Saturday. Search for it at any time after it starts. Thanks for your interest.
Gus (LC&P).