Toys R Us vs. Radioshack

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timrock

timrock Active Member

yea xmods are hobby class cars from Radio Shack but they are only 1/28 scale.33mph for a little car like that is pretty fast!i bet you hade a nice smooth track to run it on.
    for all the hop ups i bet it costs at least another $50.
    they are cool for racing against another xmod or a whole bunch of them.
    i,personly,am into 1/10 scale.i can compete in short drag racing against full size cars.actually,i have beat everything i raced that is full size.

1/28 scale is pretty neat but it is a whole other hobby than 1/10scale.
  2. SAVAGE123579

SAVAGE123579 Member

tim just stop #@$%ing you are not the big man on campus no one cares if you beat a full size car or your mother in that matter. Who cares if you car can reach 120 somthing show us a video of you doing that... with a radar gun in the video and you talking to us say something like see i'll show all of you, and show us that is the only way w will believe you unless we see your name in hte guinness book of world records. tell u the set up. Show us a video something so we can actually see if you are telling the truth and if you are and you can prove it please accept my full apologies but unless you can give us cold hard evidence no one can believe you!
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

wow i guess not as many people have done what i have as i thought;if it is that unbelieveible.(not)it think it is rare to find somone with as much experience as i have in a forum like this because most people come to forums to ask qestions.usualy the guy affiliated with the website answers the questions.but even he gave wrong info.
    Frankly,i dont understand all the anomosity.i tell people in this RC web forum what i do with my RC and i am called a liar yet i see people post alot of things that are wrong and i reply to them and say what the real deal is to keep people from being missleaded from somone who is giving them wrong info.and im called an idiot.that would piss off anyone i know.
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

also i have posted my set up numerous times.as a matter of fact i posted it a few hours ago right here on page 8.the previous page.
  5. timrock

timrock Active Member

also,i guess since `SAVAGE123579` says i am not the `big man on campus` i guess he is since he speakes for everyone saying `no one cares`LMAO
  6. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Well if thats what you call specs on your car you idiot then thank you again for making me laugh even harder. Now even my girlfriend is making fun of you.
  7. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Haha stop fighting. If tim posts a video id be more than glad to download it! Just because it seems impossible, doesnt mean it realy is. I havent tried Xmods. Howcome I cant find any in Canada?!?!?!?
  8. timrock

timrock Active Member

ok rockn82,what question do you have about my set up that i didnt already post the answer to?i would be more than happy to answer it.this would be one of the main reasons i come in this forum;to talk about my hobby.didnt think i would be called a liar about it but anyway...whats up guys?whats are the questions?
  9. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

To achieve such a huge speed, do you have to engineer your own custom partss? or are they available off the shelf? where can i test the speed of an RC car? on a freeway?
  10. timrock

timrock Active Member

you need to learn how to make a battery pack,for one,and how to charge the amount of cells needed to creat the power to go that speed.

i run a custom motor/speed control that i designed and made.i used to run a ECS that you could by off the shelf or order.it was a Tekin420G2.20 cells,no motor limit.i burnt it out and they dont make them anymore.

i would not...
  11. timrock

timrock Active Member

...suggest taking your car out on a freeway.you have to really know what you are doing to even consider thinking about it.
  12. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

lol. Is designing your own stuff/gear easy or hard?
  13. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

I would like to know the top RPM (under load) of your motor. Exact gear ratio of Spur and Pinion. Exact gear ratio of transmission or differential. Exact size of tires (outer diameter). What type of body you are running. Spring weights. Shock oil. How are your tires balanced? What is the vehicles ride height. If you dont know the gear ratio, then the tooth count from both will be fine. I believe that will do for starters.
  14. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Also Vette designing your own gears is not really difficult. You just need some specialized equipment to do so (around $2000) for a form cutter and a dividing head. And of course you have to know how to use them both.
    The rest of the manufacturing can be acomplished with the use of a fairly inexpensive mill from harbor freight. Although if you are looking for tight tolerances like +/- .001 then your looking at about another $2000. But just for the hobbist the $500 harbor freight mill is a good choice.
    Again its not all hard you just have to learn how to use them.
  15. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

WOW thats a whole lot o money.
  16. dudex

dudex Member

tim you the biggest moron i have ever heard. You attempt to post your setup, make no sense whatsoever, leave out crucial information and then call everyone stupid. Also I am not rockn82, I am just another guy who knows what hes talkin about. HP equals torque times rpm, divided by 5252. Maybe you should do some research of your own so you can find out how wrong you are. As to your car going 126mph, I highly doubt it based on what you have said in these forums. Im not saying you didnt or that its impossible, I just wont believe you until you tell us the information we need to mathematically confirm what you are saying
  17. timrock

timrock Active Member

dudex is rockn82.the point was you didnt know what hp was until you looked it up.i knew that when you said that horsepower has nothing to do with the top speed of the car.i said it has everything to do with it and you keeped calling me an idiot ever since because i made you look stupid.
  18. timrock

timrock Active Member

also i gave you the wheel to shaft ratio.that is what you would ask if you knew about this stuff.
    saying it makes no sense what so ever tells me that You dont know what im talking about.
  19. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

WOW this forums gotten so huge, almost 10 pages! It all started when i was newb and asked the question "which is better? toys r us or radioshack?" That spawned a good enough discussion, which quickly turned to speed records, and 'alien vs predator', now horsepower.

If any1 got a nitro rs4 for sale ill pay 200 american. Good condition RTR tho!
  20. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

tim give it up. Dudex is not me and why would you think so? I have facts to back myself up and I have posted them here for you (mainly) and for others to learn from. I have always known the facts about Horsepower and Torque. Hence the reasons for this whole thing. I don't need any help in letting you or the rest of the forum members know that your an idiot. If you wish to call me dudex, fine cause at least he too knows what he's talking about. Also you still have not posted anything of any value to figure your top speed with. If you really dont know what the specs are fine then say so. The "wheel to shaft" ratio doesn't do doodoo without the rest and not just, oh ummm... around 3 to 1. That dont work either. Like I said the tooth count will work if you don't know how to figure the ratio's. And again... Torque creates Horsepower, its not the other way around. Everything starts with the spining of the crankshaft which generates TORQUE. Have someone tape a couple quarters to a 2x4 and wack you in the head with it cause it could knock some cents into you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.